Gallien-Krueger MB Fusion 800 Waiting Room....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TK4261, Dec 21, 2012.

1. I've only had my GK MB Fusion 800 on pre-order for a few weeks now and I'm curious to know how many people have the MB Fusion 800 on pre-order also or is waiting for it to be released. The salesperson that took my pre-order at RMC Audio said that he had 3 other people that had it pre-ordered and a couple put $$ down almost 8 months ago. I'm sure there are more people that have it on pre-order with other merchants too.
    I thought I would start this thread as place to talk about the Fusion 800 and pass some time by as we wait for it's release....Hopefully the wait wont be to much longer. :bassist:

2. musicman666

musicman666 Guest

Sep 11, 2011
    ca
    MB Fusion 800?.......What 500 isn't enough for ya?

3. Yup, I have a new GK 412 Neo cab that is just waiting to be used to its full potential :bassist:...Out in a field somewhere with no one around to hear it or call the Cops on me for noise disturbance of course. :bag:

4. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    Must it be? Is there some sort of social stigma against having a higher-powered amp? :ninja: :rolleyes:

MM

5. Bassist30

Bassist30

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    Curious about the MB800 myself. I didn't wait so i got the MBfusion which I'm sure you know cause i have done nothing else but bragged about it here. I won't rush to get the Fusion 800 but I would like to get it eventually.

6. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Northumberland, UK
    I don't want the extra power, but some of the features sure would be nice. I particularly like the idea of the volume ratio knob rather than two separate volume knobs. I can never turn up or down fast enough on a gig and keep the channels balanced.

7. Bassist30

Bassist30

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    I know exactly what you mean, but you have to do the best you can before you start. I know things change as the volume of the band changes. My bass has two separate bass knobs and thats exactly what I wanted but boy at times I miss that knob which adjusts the front and back PU. When the Fusion 800 finally comes out I am sure i will get it sometime also.

8. lol...I just wish to do this with it.

111.jpg

But seriously, its just a bonus that it will be 800 watts. I really like the newer features and the backlit knobs will really be nice when in dark venues. For the price of $679 for the head from RMC Audio and I recently purchased my 412 Neo cab on Amazon new for only $600. Under $1400 for a killer rig is great! Before I started looking at GK stuff I was ready to possibly pull the trigger on a GB Shuttle 9 and a 410 Uber cab which would have cost me close to $2400. I saved a $1000 and because of that I'm getting myself a new Bass with the savings.....Win! :bassist:

9. Bassist30

Bassist30

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    TK thought you would like this

10. lord_arancherry

lord_arancherry

Apr 14, 2006
    Brooklyn
    Hah, great idea for a thread! I find myself checking Talkbass daily hoping that someone will announce that it is shipping.
    I pre-ordered mine back in September. I sold my SVT classic rig back in August as my band was taking a short hiatus. I figured that the MBFusion 800 would be in my hands by the time the band regrouped, but I was wrong.
    In preparation for my [naive] expected November arrival of the MBF800, I picked up a GK Neo 115 and 210. I've borrowed a friend's mb200 to test out the cabs, but I still haven't heard them together. I'm at the point now where I'm considering picking up a GB streamliner for rehearsals. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have a backup head. I'm considering the streamliner instead of the mbfusion500 because I find it hard to justify having two very similar amps once the mbf800 is released.
    I would much rather use that money to fund a new bass, though. I also saved a bunch of money by switching rigs!
    Holding my breath for a January release...

11. :bassist: I never get tired of that clip...

I'm in the same boat also....I sold my Hartke 5210 combo and HyDrive 1x12" cab to help fund my MBF800 and Neo cab. Plus I sold my Basses to fund my special ordered Spector and I am waiting for to ship soon hopefully. My band isn't back to playing/practicing till the end of January so I to am hoping for a mid January release of the MBF800. Probably right around the NAMM show they will start shipping I'm assuming. Cant wait till it shows up at my door...:hyper:

12. jibreel

jibreel Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Seattle
    I'm in !! Love my MB fusion and will just keep it as a back up amp when I get the 800

13. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    Oh, my! What would the neighbors think? :eek: :smug:

With a full 4x12 cab, you're going to want the extra 300 watts of headroom. Trust me. :meh:

But I gotta say, that sounds like some smart purchasing to me. GK continues to impress - with some of the greatest "bang for buck" ratios in the business. The MB Fusion 800 + GK Neo 4x12 cab with a Spector bass is really going to rock! :bassist:

MM

14. Bassist30

Bassist30

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    I think the Fusion 800 is going to be a big hit. The Fusion 500 is a hit with me and Im sure I will -eventually-get the 800 also. The people on TB will talk so highly of it the gas will be overwhelming. GK has really been careful releasing this amp because they have pushed it back...... I hope all is well when the first ones come out. TK you can be TB's guinea pig. Only Kidding Only Kidding. GK isn't a company that will let out anything it can't back up as we all can see.
    You will be one of the first reviewers.

15. Nice! :cool:

Neighbors will be a little miffed I'm sure... :bassist::bassist::bassist:

Yeah, I'm thinking it is going to be a solid head with few issues if any for GK taking the time to release it. Hopefully just a couple more weeks of waiting. :D

16. The update from GK today is the MB Fusion 800 wont be out till early March now........ :rollno:

17. jibreel

jibreel Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Seattle
    :bawl:

18. Bassist30

Bassist30

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    Yea RMC is sending out letters to all those which were interested with the MB fusion 800. It may be march but originally it was last june or july. Maybe those going to NAMM can get some answers.

19. Got my email today also from RMC..Was so bummed but I would rather have a good working head than something rushed if they weren't ready. I'm just headless right now with a new 412 Neo cab waiting for some power. Hopefully we will get some good info and accurate release date from the NAMM show in a few weeks.