SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA (April 7, 2020) — In response to popular demand, Cort’s Artisan Single-Cut bass guitar is now available in a non-multi-scale version for conventional esthetics and playing style. The new A5 Plus SC offers the same single-cutaway body shape that players love, now with a more traditional scale length they’re accustomed to. To celebrate the launch, Cort has unveiled a new color, Amber Open Pore, for the strikingly figured poplar burl top. More balanced than ever with a stunning new look, the A5 Plus SC is built to stand out, while providing the comfortable familiarity that experienced players enjoy.
The A5 Plus SC’s predecessor and series counterpart was a bold foray into innovative modern bass concepts, specifically the single-cutaway body and multi-scale design, which results in tighter, more focused lower register sounds. These innovations were well received, but some players vocalized that they preferred a more traditional scale. Cort has answered the call with...
Fremont, California, April 2020: The new TDI (tuner DI) pedal provides a compact tuning and active DI solution for musicians who want to reduce stage clutter without reduction in sound quality. Unlike other DIs with tuners, the TDI can be powered via XLR via 48V phantom power to eliminate the need for an ac adapter or batteries even when the ground is lifted (it also may be powered by an ac adapter).
- Third generation design is 30% smaller, lighter, more durable, quieter and lower priced!
- Costly high quality, wide dynamic range, low noise and low distortion opamp-based buffers for transparency
- EMRS (electro- magnetic relay soft) switching technology for the ultimate in reliability (relay rated at over 10 million cycles) and sound quality
- 1/4" output is buffered and transformer isolated from the XLR output which has a ground lift to prevent hum and buzz
- Tuning mode mutes the 1/4” and XLR outputs quietly
- Bright LED display...
Alpha Distribution is proud to announce the return of the mighty Sea- moon Funk Machine: the effect pedal that launched countless funk & soul hits. Equally at home with guitar, bass and horns, the Sea- moon Funk Machine provides a chromatic wonder- land of envelope filter fun-with a few added surprises.
Iconic NY session musician and one of the most recorded bass players in history, Neil Jason, founded the company after numerous searches to replicate that legendary tone fell short.
“The original Funk Machine was a vital component of my tone for years. I needed something more compact and durable for the studio and the road.”...
Enter designer/builder and international pedal guru Ben Fulton, “After extended discussions with Neil, it was apparent this was not going to be a particularly easy task, but something that would absolutely be one of the most rewarding endeavors of my career. It had to be analog and it had to be exceptionally responsive.
And we did it!”
Michael Britt Profiles Introduces ‘It’s Just Bass’ Profile Pack by Steve Cook Benefiting Mama Lere Hearing School
NASHVILLE, TN — New from Michael Britt Profiles, the “It’s Just Bass” profile pack by Steve Cook is a great-sounding bass profile pack that benefits an even greater cause. Much like guitarist and founder Michael Britt, bassist Steve Cook has gravitated toward the KEMPER PROFILER™ amplifier on stage and in the studio. The two Nashville-based musicians recently collaborated on profiling all of Steve’s bass preamp collection, resulting in a pack that includes dozens of profiles for players to enjoy. Even more gratifying is the fact that all proceeds from sales of It’s Just Bass will benefit the Mama Lere Hearing School at Vanderbilt in Nashville, where Steve’s son Miles and many other children with hearing loss receive life-changing therapy.
For the past nine years, Steve Cook has been the bassist/vocalist for singer/songwriter Phil Vassar. Last year, Vassar and his band...
South Portland, ME - BEHOLD -- THE ORACLE !
"a bearer of rich tones, featuring the full Arkham EQ in a pedal sized enclosure"
The Oracle features:
- 12AX7 preamp tube selected for low noise and good tone, run at 300V B+ (not a starved plate design)
- Dual Lo-Z outputs, Out 1 for normal use (power amp, interface, etc.). Out 2 may be used additionally to feed a DI box.
- Gain, Treble, Bass controls - uses a James Tonestack to provide a wide adjustment range with minimal interaction.
- Range control – sweeps the tonestack "midpoint" anywhere between 150Hz and 1KHz
- Hi switch – adds a "bright cap" to the circuit to open up the high frequencies a bit.
- Mid switch – provides a healthy bump around 250Hz
- Lo switch – another healthy bump, this time at 80Hz.
- HPF switch - moves -3dB point from 30Hz to 100Hz. It's a gentle roll-off(-6dB/octave), used in conjunction with the Bass control and boost switches to shape your low-end tone.
- Master volume, dial back while...