On what would have been Jaco Pastorius' 65th birthday, BassBooks.com features in its December newsletter a new book, JACO PASTORIUS BASS PLAY-ALONG, and a free transcription of his solo on "Havona." There is also an item on the evocative story of jazz bassist and composer Daniel Foose's debut album, Of Water and Ghosts, which was largely written while Foose stayed in a ramshackle house on the Mississippi land that slaves worked for his mother's great-great-grandfather. Lots more as well in the BassBooks.com December newsletter.
Click Here to View
South Portland, ME – Arkham Sound is pleased to introduce the Bullet, a ruggedized, utilitarian, tube Bass Pre-amplifier housed in a surplus 30 Caliber Ammo Box. The Bullet is built to survive the rigors of the road while delivering a warm, vintage thump - as if Ampeg were given a Military contract to arm Motown!
- - 12AX7 preamp tube selected for good tone and low microphonics, and run at correct voltages (not a starved plate design)
- - Mosfet buffered Lo-Z output, drives modern solid state power amps or recording interfaces with ease.
- - Gain, Treble, Bass controls - uses a “James” tone-stack to give a wide adjustment range with minimal insertion loss.
- - Hi switch – adds a "bright cap" to the circuit to open up the high frequencies a bit.
- - Mid switch – provides a healthy bump around 250Hz
- - Lo switch – another healthy bump, this time at 80Hz without boosting any subsonics
- - DC referenced heaters, for ultra quiet operation
- - Turret...
Seattle, WA: After experiencing quick success with the original ESO Strap in 2015, the company has just expanded their line with the introduction of a bass strap. Their patent pending designs are offered in 7 colors and manufactured in Seattle, WA.
Here are the main selling points of the ESO Strap:
• Patent Pending - Contoured "S" shape avoids pressure points and never cuts into your neck.
• Patent Pending - In-seam pick pockets enable you to seamlessly replace or store your collection; bypassing any interruption to the music.
• Two smooth stop adjustors to achieve the perfect length, without taking your guitar off.
• High density foam core for optimal comfort and minimal aesthetic.
• Interior heavyweight backing designed for long term strength and flexibility.
• Reinforced stitching on all critical points throughout strap.
• 1 oz urethane DWR moisture....
Italian custom shop guitar and bass manufacturer Overload Guitars & Basses have announced a new bass model under the name Taurus. The 4-string bass sports Swamp Ash body with Flamed Bubinga top in natural matt finish, 7-ply Maple/Bubinga/Wenge neck with Resin fingerboard, and a set of Northstrand pickups: MM4 (bridge) and NJ4-70 (neck). For full specs and photos see below.
“The base model can be customised according to customer’s specifications and is available in different woods and pickups configuration, what ultimately makes it viable for any kind of music,” say from the Overload Guitars & Bases headquarters based in Rome.
Taurus comes with a flat D neck for a faster and comfortable playing and carbon reinforcement and seasoned wood make its stability on a very high level. The bass is currently available in a 4-string version, but it will also be made in 5-string and 6-string versions as well.
For more information visit the Overload Guitars & Basses website at:...
Long Island City, NY— It's never been easier to get that Sadowsky sound!
For the first time, our preamp is available as a prewired drop-in for J style basses WITHOUT a side jack. No soldering required for installation.
The Sadowsky 3-knob Onboard Bass Preamp is a completely prewired system offering the same preamp as all Sadowsky Basses.
It has been designed for minimally invasive installation on most J-bass style instruments. The only modification required is a battery compartment, which can be hidden under a pickguard or routed in the back of the instrument.
The 3-knob Onboard Bass Preamp can be installed with the included control plate or easily transferred to another control plate or pickguard or installed in a rear control cavity.
Controls are vol/pan/treble-bass. Pulling up on the volume control bypasses...