On December 21st 2019, a build off challenge was issued here in the Luthiers Corner.
The theme was “Air Space”.
The entrants were asked to build a bass that would have an element of air space, or acousticity, built into the design of the body. Some examples are acoustic, semi-hollow, hollow, chambered, or skeletal.
I am please to announce that the builders have completed their tasks, and we are ready to start the voting.
You have 3 votes to select your favorites.
The voting will remain open until Sunday, April 5th, 2PM (-6 GMT)
Alpha Distribution is proud to announce the return of the mighty Sea- moon Funk Machine: the effect pedal that launched countless funk & soul hits. Equally at home with guitar, bass and horns, the Sea- moon Funk Machine provides a chromatic wonder- land of envelope filter fun-with a few added surprises.
Iconic NY session musician and one of the most recorded bass players in history, Neil Jason, founded the company after numerous searches to replicate that legendary tone fell short.
“The original Funk Machine was a vital component of my tone for years. I needed something more compact and durable for the studio and the road.”...
Enter designer/builder and international pedal guru Ben Fulton, “After extended discussions with Neil, it was apparent this was not going to be a particularly easy task, but something that would absolutely be one of the most rewarding endeavors of my career. It had to be analog and it had to be exceptionally responsive.
And we did it!”
Michael Britt Profiles Introduces ‘It’s Just Bass’ Profile Pack by Steve Cook Benefiting Mama Lere Hearing School
NASHVILLE, TN — New from Michael Britt Profiles, the “It’s Just Bass” profile pack by Steve Cook is a great-sounding bass profile pack that benefits an even greater cause. Much like guitarist and founder Michael Britt, bassist Steve Cook has gravitated toward the KEMPER PROFILER™ amplifier on stage and in the studio. The two Nashville-based musicians recently collaborated on profiling all of Steve’s bass preamp collection, resulting in a pack that includes dozens of profiles for players to enjoy. Even more gratifying is the fact that all proceeds from sales of It’s Just Bass will benefit the Mama Lere Hearing School at Vanderbilt in Nashville, where Steve’s son Miles and many other children with hearing loss receive life-changing therapy.
For the past nine years, Steve Cook has been the bassist/vocalist for singer/songwriter Phil Vassar. Last year, Vassar and his band...
South Portland, ME - BEHOLD -- THE ORACLE !
"a bearer of rich tones, featuring the full Arkham EQ in a pedal sized enclosure"
The Oracle features:
- 12AX7 preamp tube selected for low noise and good tone, run at 300V B+ (not a starved plate design)
- Dual Lo-Z outputs, Out 1 for normal use (power amp, interface, etc.). Out 2 may be used additionally to feed a DI box.
- Gain, Treble, Bass controls - uses a James Tonestack to provide a wide adjustment range with minimal interaction.
- Range control – sweeps the tonestack "midpoint" anywhere between 150Hz and 1KHz
- Hi switch – adds a "bright cap" to the circuit to open up the high frequencies a bit.
- Mid switch – provides a healthy bump around 250Hz
- Lo switch – another healthy bump, this time at 80Hz.
- HPF switch - moves -3dB point from 30Hz to 100Hz. It's a gentle roll-off(-6dB/octave), used in conjunction with the Bass control and boost switches to shape your low-end tone.
- Master volume, dial back while...