Shannon Helios OD (very rare)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by meursault42, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meursault42

meursault42

Jun 21, 2006

CLIP ADDED: Each setting is played first fingerstyle, then pickstyle. Total of 5 settings starting with Drive at full CCW, 9:00, 12:00, 3:00, full CW. Please excuse the noise level, my apartment has terribly dirty power. I used my Fender Precision strung with Chromes --> Helios --> Headway DI --> EMU 0404USB interface --> Cubase. Please keep in mind that this is totally non-scientific and will sound different to every ear and on various different setups. Hopefully it gives a VERY general idea of the overall character of the pedal.

I picked this up from NOLA bluesman Marc Stone a little while back. Apparently he had two of these on his board and wanted to slim down to one, so he sold this one. This is a very sought after pedal for guitar players, and often compared to the Lovepedal Eternity OD. It's sure to be the only one you'll ever see on this forum because they're RARELY seen for sale anywhere. As you can see from the photo, it was handmade by Eric Shannon in Nov '08. Shannon effects is now defunct, and these pedals are no longer being made. It's seen some use for sure, but is still in great condition. The one blemish to note is the chip on the drive knob.

Here is the link to the Shannon Effects page: Shannon Effects - Helios Overdrive

NOTE: As you can see from the photo, this is not the 4-knob version, but the original 3-knob version with the Volume/Drive/Tone configuration. He made a limited run of Helios pedals right before closing up shop that split the Tone knob into Bass and Treble. It's essentially the same circuit though, and furthermore the one which originally gained Shannon notoriety for making great effects.

It kind of pains me to sell this because it is such a rarity. But it's just not going to see a lot of use in my possession and should go to someone who's going to give it the use it deserves.

$150 (firm) shipped to the ConUS only.

Trade interest update:
    CopilotFX Cubic - I know these literally just came out, so this is obviously a long shot, but it's what I'll be using this cash towards anyways. So, if anyone wants to trade one for the Helios, I'd be all about it.

2012-01-13163746.gif
    2012-01-13164401.gif
    2012-01-13164622.gif

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  2. meursault42

meursault42

Jun 21, 2006
    Bump w/ new clip added!

3. BluesWalker

BluesWalker Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2008
    San Diego
    I can't tell from the picture so I will ask. Will it run off a 9V Boss style power supply instead of a battery?

4. meursault42

meursault42

Jun 21, 2006
    yes, standard negative tip 9V adapter (or battery).

5. meursault42

meursault42

Jun 21, 2006
    Traded to Drop-D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.