New 2013 Guild Starfire Bass Reissue

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Patski, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Patski

Patski Guest

Feb 27, 2012
  2. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    Wow

3. Lo-E

Lo-E

Dec 19, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    Hmmm... very interesting. I'm sub'd.

4. JoeWPgh

JoeWPgh

Dec 21, 2012
    I miss my 66!!!!! Someone kicked in my door and stole it (along with 3 other basses and a couple laptops) I would gladly sacrifice one of the USACG's, if I could beat the guy into a wheelchair with it.

5. D.M.N.

D.M.N. (O)))) Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    HOLY DEAR CHRIST. This is SO much better than the GSR version, and within my price reach. Hello sexy, goodbye bank account.

6. SactoBass

SactoBass A retired civil engineer who likes all-tube amps!

Jul 8, 2009
    Lake Havasu City, AZ
    Me likey! Especially the 1.5" nut width. Nice bass for $1100.

7. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    That bass is shaped like my ex-wife. I would be interested at a $700.00 price point.

8. SactoBass

Jul 8, 2009
    Lake Havasu City, AZ
  9. SactoBass

Jul 8, 2009
    Lake Havasu City, AZ
    That would be even better!

10. JoeWPgh

JoeWPgh

Dec 21, 2012
    Make it a sunburst and I'm in

11. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

May 12, 2009
    Surrey, B.C. Canada
    the pick up is listed as a Bisonic but it sure looks like a Dark Star to me.....and I wonder how much it weighs

12. The bass in that picture is a vintage one. I guess the real model will be announced at the NAMM, and that therefore there aren't any pictures of the actual bass yet.

13. Patski

Patski Guest

Feb 27, 2012
    According to the specs the neck has binding, which i can't see in that pic; so it probably is a vintage one pictured.

I find it interesting that the specs list says that they are using the rosewood blocks in the bridge like in the vintage models, none of the previous reissues had this.

14. KeithPoker

KeithPoker Guest

Apr 18, 2011
    Santa Monica Beach, CA
    If I recall they used NOS 70s humbuckers. The body shape is different. The tuners are different. The finish is supposed to be really nice. Only a few dozen were made some single bridge pickup models and some two pickups.

I'll keep my '97!

15. Nobody

Nobody Inactive

Jul 14, 2004
    gravel
    Cool!

16. It's a Bi-sonic, the pickup the Dark Stars were INSPIRED by...

17. I like it !

18. I'll be very interested in this when it is released, based on the spec sheet. I graduate from my 3 year engineering program next year and this is a bass that has always been on my GAS list. Perhaps I'll treat myself and order one of these.

19. awesomesawyer

awesomesawyer

Aug 27, 2012
    looks nice. can someone explain to me, in terms of humbuckers, single coils, and precision coils, what dark stars sound like?

20. sstbo

sstbo Guest

Dec 12, 2012
    This is great news! The vintage ones are hard to come buy in Europe and not really affordable. Will there also be a 2 pickup version?