Spector Euro vs. Euro LX Differences??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by WyattUrp, Jan 27, 2006.

1. WyattUrp

WyattUrp Guest

Dec 16, 2005
    Warwick,RI
    Hello All,

As the title states whats the difference between these two? I am looking at a used mint Euro lx for 650.00 is this good or should I hold out and wait for a Euro? Any help is much appreciated:bassist: :help:

2. Hmm. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the only differences are that the LX has the big fretboard inlays, whereas the euro just has dots, and the LX also has an alder body with flamed maple top, while the Euro has solid flamed maple wings. Same specs, hardware, pickups, and electronics I believe. I personally prefer the tone of maple to alder, but 650 is a steal for a Euro LX. I got my Euro for 600, and have yet to see another anywhere for that price. Most I see are in the 800-1000 range. Good luck. Either way you'll be getting an amazing bass.

3. MattLplaysBass

MattLplaysBass Proof that gear doesn't make you a better player Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    you're right about the body woods (there's a layer of walnut in between the maple and alder as well), but i believe the euros have had the crown inlays for the last few years as well...

4. You are probably right about the crown inlays on both. Mine is from the Kramer era so it only has dots. I'm not sure when they stopped doing dots and moved to the big crown things.

5. I've got a Euro 5 LX, and tried it side by side with a Euro 5. They look identical, except the Euro has a maple back instead of Alder. I preferred and bought the Euro LX as it seemed to have much more tone - very organic and dark.

I've since changed the bridge pickup to an EMG Jazz to give a wider range of sounds. You won't regret buying one of these - good luck,

Col

6. WyattUrp

WyattUrp Guest

Dec 16, 2005
    Warwick,RI
    Once again thank you all for your help :cool: