SOLD FS: Jerzy Drozd Custom Mastery 5 Fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Carver, Dec 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Up for sale is a Mint Jerzy Drozd Mastery 5-string fretless. I custom ordered this bass in 2006 and it has never been out of my somke/pet/child free studio. It is in the same shape as I received it from Jerzy with no dings or scratches.

Lots of upgrades on this bass...Here are the specs:

Etimoe Body
    Maple neck through
    Ebony Fingerboard (with subtle line markers...See pic)
    Birdseye maple top
    Polyester clear coat with burst finish
    Aguilar OBP-3 pre
    JeDXS singles with ebony covers
    RMC Piezo system
    White LED dot markers
    Schaller Straplocks
    Comes with Jerzy Drozd ultralight case

This is an amazing bass, and the pickup options will let you dial in just about any tone you can imagine. I hate to part with it, but I need to make room for some new gear.

I paid $5800 for it in 2006, so my asking price is $3800 shipped to ConUS. No trades please.

I will accept money orders or paypal echeck. If you are in the N. Mississippi area and would like to come by and check it out, just let me know and we'll set it up.

If I've left anything out, or you'd like more pics or info, just shoot me a PM.

Thanks!

IMG_7868.gif

IMG_7869.gif

IMG_7881.gif

IMG_7871.gif

IMG_7882.gif

IMG_7886.gif

2. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    That is "stunningly" beautiful! Wish I could afford to take it off your hands. Good luck with the sale.............:cool:

3. Freddy-G.

Freddy-G. take your protein pills & put your helmet on Supporting Member

May 4, 2005
    Duluth, Georgia
    +1
    I absolutely adore my JD, so I can imagine how much you'd like to hold on to this gorgeous fretless.

4. I hear you brother...I have 2 other JDs that get the majority of my play time. Otherwise, this beauty wouldn't be going anywhere! Thanks for looking! :)

5. Hankenstein

Hankenstein Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Piermont, New York
    Wow - shiny!

6. I forgot to mention...spacing at the bridge is 19mm.

7. shrigg

shrigg Joy Decision Bassist/BL, AudioKinesis Beta Tester Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Traverse City, MI
    Dayum! What's she weigh?

8. 9.3 lbs according to my bathroom scale. :)

9. I had a couple of emails asking about soundclips, so here is a quickie I made during my lunchbreak today. I'm not much of a solo bassist, but I tried to do a little solo stuff plus a little in more of a band setting with some Rhodes thrown in to get an idea of how it sits in the mix. I set it flat with 25% piezo volume, and added a touch of reverb on the solo. Recorded direct to pro tools.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/brtliuc3u4c0eke/Fretless%20Demo.mp3

10. raal

raal Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Minneapolis / St Paul
    a quickie !!?? would take me days to produce that. nice playing congrats :bassist:

11. Ha! Thanks...You'd be surprised how easy stylus RMX makes it. Just copy a few loops and you've got a great sounding basic drum track. Add on a couple tracks of bass and one of Rhodes, and done!

I just listened to it again and didn't realize how off I was on the fretless solo stuff...oops. I'm so not a solo bass player. Definitely the player's fault and not the bass! :)

12. Bump for a price drop. If no interest, she's staying with me! :)

13. PM answered. Scale is 35".

14. TTT

15. Well, I decided to keep this bass for while, but I'm back on the fence. Putting her back up on the block for now.

16. Rich L

Rich L

May 17, 2006
    Ft Myers, FL
    That is one sexy beast!

17. Couple questions...

What is the nut width? Is it a relatively thin/shallow or thick/chunky neck?

Also, in the clip you recorded, was this bass used to record just the solo or also the supporting bass line? (If that wasn't this bass, what was it?)

Thanks!

18. ^ I'm at work right now, but I'll measure the nut tonight and get back to you.

The neck is pretty thin/shallow...Definitely not chunky. Jerzy's necks are asymetrical, so it is a little thicker on the low B side...Not enough to notice by looking at it though. VERY comfortable neck.

On that recording, both bass tracks were done with this fretless. I wanted folks to get a good idea of what it sounded like soloed and how it sat in the mix in a band setting. I recorded it flat with a little piezo on both tracks...There are tons of sound variations in the bass though.

Hopefully that helps. I'll post the nut width tonight.

-C

19. Nut width is 1 7/8"

-C

20. ttt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.