2014 Bass GAS syndrome plans?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Discharge, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Bufalo

Bufalo Funk in the Trunk Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Harrisburg, PA

I'm feeling the same pangs for probably the same reason...

2. nocluejimbo

nocluejimbo

Jul 10, 2011
    Los Angeles
    I have sold off all of my (mostly guitar) gear, I will handle GAS by buying only high quality, versatile equipment. One bass, one amp.

3. jtwill

jtwill Guest

Mar 6, 2012
    I'm going to build my first Carvin...a PB5.... but probably not until the summer :(

4. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

My only plan is to rewire the fretless 'Bird a little differently. Other than that, my goal is to end 2014 with less gear than the beginning of the year.

5. jeff7bass

jeff7bass Inactive

Apr 9, 2009
    I really liked that new Fender P/J Deluxe bass (899.00) at GC I played a few months ago. The neck was PERFECT size and shape and the pickups were thick and punchy. GAS.

:hyper:

6. dudelove

dudelove Guest

Apr 16, 2010
    Greenland, Nuuk
    i´m planing to get a pre-amp for my fender mim jazz with super 55 splitcoils. And thinking about to get a g&l l2000 with maple fingerboard somewhere about aug

7. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Nuthin'. I am done buying basses. All I'm going to do is fix up the 60 EB-0 that sits in my garage waiting for me to fix it up.

8. Fender05

Fender05

Oct 20, 2008
    Indianapolis
    N00b question I've been trying to figure out for a while...what in the hell does GAS stand for??

9. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

10. JennySuzuki

JennySuzuki Guest

Dec 18, 2013
    That really ought to be in the site's FAQ.

11. I have serious case of GAS for the Mesa Boogie Prodigy. Must resist...Cannot have a repeat of 2013...

Also, lately I been having fantasies of selling the Trib and getting a Schecter Stiletto Studio Fretless. Not sure if it would be 4 or 5 string. I am using the uncertainty as a _great_ excuse not to pull the trigger. That, and I have never been a fan of active basses, nor of "mwah". Still getting rid of fret harmonics would be cool for some trad. jazz...

Cheers!

12. Clef_de_fa

Clef_de_fa Guest

Dec 25, 2011
    I could play all music using only a 4 strings but I use a 6 strings I love it so I create opportunity for it, don't wait to need it, create your music with you 6 strings.

13. jeff7bass

jeff7bass Inactive

Apr 9, 2009
    Hey man this is a GAS thread, not an anti-GAS thread!! Besides AMPEG just introduced their new bass and it looks awesome!!

:bag:

14. Junk420

Junk420 Guest

Jul 19, 2012
    Cornwall, Ontario
    Took care of my GAS early this year. Put a down payment on a Dingwall NG-2 this week, hopefully here by April!

Later this year I'm hoping to get my hands on a Darkglass B7K or start saving for an Ampeg combo, not sure yet.

15. voodoomagicboas

voodoomagicboas Guest

Apr 13, 2013
    Going to a guitar show in two days and I can't wait!
    I'm looking for an MiA Fender Precision. Right now, I'm leaning towards the American Special to use as a modding platform as I already have the mods on my MiM P.

16. uOpt

uOpt

Jul 21, 2008
    Boston, MA, USA
    I need a 6-string for a specific project. Probably a Corvette.

17. pbass6811

pbass6811

Nov 10, 2008
    Indy, IN
    I've got big plans this year. Probably going to sell my current basses(see sig)to fund a couple of Sadowsky's(MV5 & M5). Revamp the rig. Then, at the end of the year, maybe try to put in an order for a Fodera YYS. Big plans, indeed!

18. WaskoDS

WaskoDS

Nov 22, 2009
    Allentown, PA
    Probably a Carvin SB5000. That new sparkly black finish, pearloid pickguard, swap the preamp out for an ACG filter preamp, ohhhh yes.

19. 2014 GAS List:
    1. DIY custom active DI box
    2. TCE mini Ditto
    3. Dingwall AB1/ABZ
    4. Badass V chrome
    5. VOX bass amPhone
    6. Roland GK-3B
    7. East U-retro deluxe
    8. AMT LLM-2
    9. Ampeg micro CL stack
    10............:hyper:

20. JonDark

JonDark Guest

May 21, 2013
    Detroit MI
    I'm looking to pull the trigger on the Carvin PB4 w/ the added MM pup.
    Not sure yet if I'm going passive or p/a option.

I've never played a 14" radius, and if it's a major difference from a 12" (which i prefer) to a 14" but none the less the PB4 is in the near future.

I'm really digging the trans pearl green, going with the ash body, ebony fb with mop blocks and black hardware.