Anybody use rockaudio bodies?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Will_White, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Will_White

Will_White

Jul 1, 2011
    Salem, OR
    I received the body and tuners today.

2. Aaaaaaaand.....
    ;)

3. Will_White

Will_White

Jul 1, 2011
    Salem, OR
    There's a couple problems with the body, and I'm waiting for them to get back to me.

4. Jonny5bass

Jonny5bass

May 3, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    Curious to see how this turns out. I've been mulling over getting a couple bodies and necks from them.

5. Will_White

Will_White

Jul 1, 2011
    Salem, OR
    I would say the neck pocket is acceptable, it does have a small gap between the neck and the body. The finish is superb, rear routed control cavity is acceptable, I choose to go two knob and a blade switch and they used a three knob tele template. The wire channels are good for most, they won't fit emg quick connects though. That's all I'm going to say about the body for now.
    The necks are decent, nice p bass profile, frets seem decent, a couple are a little high.

6. Jonny5bass

Jonny5bass

May 3, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    Thanks for the info. Mostly I was curious about the neck pocket fit and if the necks were decent.

7. Will_White

Will_White

Jul 1, 2011
    Salem, OR
    Since they didn't respond today I'll say the issues I have with mine and based on eclecticlady's body it seems like it's just a problem with mine, the Pickup routes aren't finished on mine, the ears for the P Pickup mounting are too small, and the corners aren't tight enough, I also didn't receive the rear cavity cover.

8. Will_White

Will_White

Jul 1, 2011
    Salem, OR
    Another update, they still haven't gotten back to me and I found that the neck mounting holes didn't line up with the backplate I bought, if I got three to line up the last one would be way off.

9. Standard Fender plate?

10. Will_White

Will_White

Jul 1, 2011
    Salem, OR
    Yep

11. Ouch, that's not good. That should be the easiest thing to drill.

Sounds like this company isn't going to be all that we had hoped.

12. Will_White

Will_White

Jul 1, 2011
    Salem, OR
    That's what I'm getting from it, if you want just a body no routing I'd recommend them tho the body itself is high quality

13. fjadams

fjadams Guest

Jun 7, 2011
    Danbury, CT
    Mine is the hollowbody Tele, routed for humbuckers. The pickup routs are perfect on mine. Not sure about the neck pocket yet as the neck won't be finished until later this week.

14. @Will_White Did they get the pickup routes right?
    Not that it really matters if you can't bolt the neck on, lol.

got any pics?

15. Will_White

Will_White

Jul 1, 2011
    Salem, OR
    No the Pickup routes aren't right it looks like they didn't finish them, did the rough routing with a 1/2" bit and that's all. I'll be able to bolt on the neck I'll just have to use ferrules

16. Will_White

Will_White

Jul 1, 2011
    Salem, OR
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  17. Can you use individual screws with ferrules?

18. Will_White

Will_White

Jul 1, 2011
    Salem, OR
    That or make a neck plate

19. Will_White

Will_White

Jul 1, 2011
    Salem, OR
    20150913_141207.jpg 20150913_141229.jpg
    I got the neck finished with feibings leather dye and satin poly. I used vinyl for the twelth fret inlay and the side dots. It's just going to be a blank headstock. The holes for the bushings were a little tight but I still got them pressed In.

20. jwilson67

jwilson67

Jun 2, 2015
    San Dimas, CA
    How long did it take from the time you ordered for delivery? I ordered a finished maple board bass neck yesterday. Going to try to get it to fit an Epiphone Accubass I have sitting around. BTW - I ordered it direct from Rockaudio, not from Amazon. $56!