Decent amp set ups for playing smaller gigs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Samson3191, Nov 13, 2013.

1. shaginwagin

shaginwagin

Apr 2, 2012
    Arizona
    Depending on your EQ settings, and how loud you guys play, what you have may work. (Do you cut your bass and boost mids?)
    Can't that combo run another cab too? If it can find the matching cab somewhere and try it out!

I could swear the guy I bought my cab from had it hooked up and running off an Acoustic 115 combo. You couldn't really hear it over the extention cab. So make sure you get a MATCHING cab. If you go that route.

2. Samson3191

Samson3191 Guest

Nov 13, 2013
    Thanks for the responses, everyone! You guys rule. I'll be looking into all of these options.

3. AdamR

AdamR Inactive

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    For small gigs ? I just bring 1 810 cab instead of 2. Sound guys love me. :bag:

4. jessicabass

jessicabass

Dec 22, 2009
    ohio
    Your such an ampeg whore! ;)
    I recently got a GK MB212 and its perfect for large and small gigs and its only like 37lbs.

5. One other option is a milk crate ( not from the corner store ). Having cab up a bit makes it much easier to hear oneself in context of smaller stages.

6. Martin89

Martin89

Nov 8, 2010
    Glendale, AZ
    Unofficial Endorser: Ibanez, D'Addario, Zoom
    I think your amp should be fine for small gigs, I use a 115 with some more watts but it's probably not that much louder than your setup. DI is your friend.

7. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Since 1978!

8. AdamR

AdamR Inactive

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    You've been whoring them as long as Ive been a live !

9. Martin89

Martin89

Nov 8, 2010
    Glendale, AZ
    Unofficial Endorser: Ibanez, D'Addario, Zoom
    Just a heads up I played a relatively large venue on Friday(600+ people) and I'm pretty sure the opening band's bassist had the same amp as you. It was a mkII and had casters but pretty small, sounded fine. DI with no issues. The guitarist played through a 112 and the drummer seemed normal. They played the large venue fine and would sound fine in a smaller setting without DI. I would maybe look for an extension cab for medium venues that don't have good PA support but the milk crate would suffice.