Equal Pay Split, What Are Your Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by bluewine, Jan 5, 2013.

1. BassBully,

Nice Tele bass. Got a 73 myself. You got to love the thump.
    Ok, back to the thread.

2. ...and why have one at all, as it seems that they're lip-syncing to the original recording (right down to the fade out at the end)? Mr Soul does have a pretty lively bass line, for 1967...

...now I'm going to go back and listen to Bluebird...again. Good Stuff!!

3. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    Thanks, They are very cool basses but sadly I let her go to fund another 70's P bass...they are kind of one trick pony's you know.

4. MarkMgibson

MarkMgibson Guest

Oct 24, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    I doubt Neil Young is too proud of that one. They were a great band though, and probably recorded the best know song that hardly anybody knows the name of (For What It's Worth). Any movie about the war, or the 60's, you can almost guarantee that song will be included. When I mention that song to people, they always say, "don't know it", until you play it to them.

5. derrico1

derrico1 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Charlottesville, VA
    Voice of East Harlem has a killing cover of "FWiW," in which the bassist co-stars w/ the lead vocalist. It's pretty clear nobody told *him* to stand quietly back by the drums.

6. MarkMgibson

MarkMgibson Guest

Oct 24, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    Groovy. That's some very cool bass playing. He steals the show on that track.

7. the yeti

the yeti

Nov 6, 2007
    raleigh, nc
    thanks for that!

8. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    I knew the song but not what it was called so thanks!

Funny when Jive posted it I swear if you read it it sounds like a rap or at least read it that way. BTW..I hate rap.

9. Stinsok

Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    This kinda fits with other posts in the thread (I think.) I got a call from a guy in the band I left. He was asking if I still had my PA and if I would be interested in renting it out. He told me he had talked to the other members of the band about buying my PA, but nobody really wanted to spend any money. He said "if it's up to one person to carry the whole thing it's just not worth it."