Got Art?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SJLee, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Here are a few collages I did recently...

singalongfalls.jpg

Singalong Falls
    Digital Collage
    6.5"x10"

underground.jpg

Where You Headed?
    Digital collage
    5.5"x10"

weddinggiantgirl.jpg

Tra La La, Doot Doot Doo
    Digital collage
    6.25"x10"

breakfastcanyon.jpg

Breakfast Canyon
    Digital collage
    6.5"x10"

mountainfarm-final.jpg

Don't Mind If I Do...
    Digital collage
    6"x10"

rapidsidewalk.jpg

Down by the River
    Digital collage
    7"x10"

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  2. Here are a couple of recent digital paintings I did with my iPad, using the ArtRage app:

2015-10-15%2014.27.06_zpswtxyjbwp.jpg

2015-10-19%2013.50.32_zpstxwnp3md.jpg

sneha1965 and Pilgrim Paige like this.
  3. I'd like to see this thread fill up with other people's art, so I keep coming back to try to get it going again. I know that there have to be a ton of other TBers who make visual art, too, so let's see it!

My work seems to be focused on my son lately. Here is a vector portrait I did in Illustrator:
    Bearportrait_zpsqtfg594m.jpg

And a low-poly portrait, done in Photoshop:

bear-lowpoly_zpsosx64exl.jpg

And lastly, a cinemagraph gif, also done in Photoshop (watch it for a while for the full effect):
    bear-cinemagraph_zps8yym2ysv.gif

mpdd and sneha1965 like this.
  4. Derp

Derp

May 29, 2013
    That stuff is pretty cool man

mpdd likes this.
  5. Derp

Derp

May 29, 2013
    Man thats awesome. Do you have a gallery of your work? I'd imagine you'd be much better with a pencil/paintbrush.

mpdd likes this.
  6. Derp

Derp

May 29, 2013
    Sketched my buddy during class

Attached Files:

SJLee and mpdd like this.
  7. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    invsundaytestDEE_4364.jpg

SJLee likes this.
  8. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    thank you, i'm trying to get the inverted cactus photos to the point where i can paint on them with real paint, the digital canvases look pretty good, hopefully i'll shoot a pic of the new one for the show in joshua tree, work and home life are getting a little busy, so far i like the watercolor color pencils and montana acrylic makers, really nice gif and cubist portrait man

9. Thanks! I've been teaching a digital art class for high schoolers, which is why I've been on a digital art kick this year. But most of my prior work is on paper or canvas. You can see more on my Facebook page and on my website. The website has been acting wonky lately, so some of the links are broken, but I'll be switching to Squarespace at some point in the near future to remedy that issue.

10. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    the hope ep and the sleepers illustration are super super strong work, keep posting and let's try to keep this thread active

11. Derp

Derp

May 29, 2013
    I don't know man. I personally could never get the feel of digital mediums. No matter how realistic they try to make them, it just doesn't do me. To me, nothing beats analog tactile experience, especially the good old pencil on paper, no ********, not even an eraser. To me thant's self expression in the purest form.

12. sub-commandante

sub-commandante

Feb 12, 2016
    10955678_10152568158482003_549879824759226461_o.jpg 10730872_10152346970217003_7266805145823971379_n.jpg WP_000945.jpg WP_001308.jpg
    Some Digital work, Pen and ink, Scratch art, and acrylic on plywood.

sneha1965 and Templar like this.
  13. I get where you are coming from, but I just see digital media as another set of tools with which I can make things.

14. Photobassist

Photobassist

Dec 18, 2010
    Japan
    I do a lot of photography and have posted some in the TB photography thread, but I also dabble in pyrography...

image_58.jpg

image_56.jpg

image_55.jpg

sneha1965, Templar and RaniBrandt like this.
  15. SJLee

SJLee Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2007
    I took me a while to get interested in creating on the computer as my background was in fine art (drawing, painting and ceramics) Working in a specific medium is a big draw to creating in that form. Some people like the feel of clay, some like pouring bronze and working in molten metal, and some like the quietness of working in water color. Different strokes.

I first learned how to draw, then to paint in water color, acrylic and oil. Years later I learned how to work in ceramics making pieces in a combination of hand built, slip cast, and hand thrown elements. I also made custom tile for a living. It was in the early 90's that I stumbled on to motion design or what was referred to back then as computer animation. I've never stopped enjoying the others mediums although I do not work in clay much anymore not having a kiln.

I think some of the best motion design demonstrates and integrates natural drawing skills and a fundamental knowledge of animation and motion. If fact there is a current trend right now in cell animation which is hand drawing frame by frame.

16. I've fallen into a new process of photo manipulation lately. I take a portrait photo of people in my life and then abstract them digitally, some to a more drastic degree than others. I'm calling it "Infinite Buddhas", because I just received Jukai as a Zen Buddhist, and coincidentally many of these portraits resemble Buddha statues.

You can see all of them at www.ronaldpdbrandt.com, but here are a few examples:

jack2.jpg

[​IMG]

megan.jpg

William-glitch.jpg

sneha1965 likes this.
  17. SJLee

SJLee Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2007
    The bottom one is real interesting.

18. SJLee

SJLee Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2007
    It's been awhile since I've had some time to bump this thread. With a mandatory stay at home sanction until June 10, I've had some time to get some new work together. I had taken a trip to New Orleans this past year and snapped some photos of the Garden District in NO. One of the photos was used on a book cover for suspense thriller author London Clarke.

IMG_4175.JPG

FrontCover.jpg

MJ5150 likes this.
  19. farace

farace

Jul 9, 2016
    Connecticut USA
    I have not been prolific, but I like to sculpt marble and alabaster. Here are a few.

IMG_1233.JPG

IMG_1234.JPG

IMG_1235.JPG

Rarely wood.

IMG_1236.JPG

sneha1965, ArtGuy9516 and Boogiepop like this.