Is there something you can't help doing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Thomas Kievit, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    So as the title says : is there something you can't help doing?

For me it's something really simple : before I go to sleep I check my alarm 5 - 7 times before I turn the lights off. If I don't check it atleast 3 times, I get out of bed after a few minutes and check it again :D :p

Anybody doing something he / she can't help?

2. Bassmanmike1

Bassmanmike1 Sittin' In Limbo

Jan 13, 2011
    Marysville, CA
    Reading threads like this.:D

3. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    xD Hey I can shake hands with you for that! :hyper:

4. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

Reading and posting here on TBOT when I should be doing other things.

Be right there dear! :p

5. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration

Aug 17, 2007
    Reno/Tahoe
    Basically you're asking anyone if they too suffer from some form of OCD.

I check my front door to make sure it's locked at least twice before bed, and I live in a relatively safe neighborhood. So yeah... Mild OCD for me.

6. Milk

Milk Guest

Sep 16, 2013
    Montreal, Canada
    uh.................

well....yeah.... but I don't know if I should say.

Let's just say unlike earlier in the thread, its not something you shake hands over. At least not before I washed them.

7. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually

Dec 17, 2007
    San Diego/LA
    Over-checking alarm clocks, doors being locked...been doing it for many many years.

8. edpal

edpal Inactive

Oct 3, 2007
    Fluffing when I can't sleep. Sometimes rubbing the magic lamp helps but usually it just tells me to go to sleep.

Not jumping into a song - I can't help it but if a guitarist starts into a song without eye contact or some other communication I can't help it but to NOT play. Usually take a sip of my water, look at them like a space alien. Best to start training them early.

9. I can't help getting angry at hippocracy... Left or right.. Myself or my kids. No matter what, I can't help getting angry. John Stewart is generally my hero in this regard.

10. BawanaRik

BawanaRik Guest

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    I watched a few episodes of Sons of Anarchy. For some reason this post reminded me of one of them.

11. kenneffdupriest

kenneffdupriest Guest

Dec 5, 2013
    Palo Alto
    I shoot my boss with my imaginary pistol when he walks by, then I look at Marney (hot chic) and blow the smoke out of my imaginary pistol and wink. She loves it, so I'm told.

12. bachlover

bachlover Guest

Jul 8, 2013
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Giving people the stink eye that are driving 20 kph slower than the limit as I drive by them on Deerfoot Trail.

13. No idea what 20km is, but the people that drive 10mph under the speed limit or limit as they speed out in front of you while you're going 10mph+ over... Yeah I want to smack someone.

14. Immigrant

Immigrant In Memoriam

I have to have a Kleenex in each pocket, folded into fourths. If I discover I've left the house without them, I find the nearest box. I recently learned my older brother does the same thing. Something nurtured, I guess.

Back when I smoked in my house, I'd sometimes leave and get panicky that I had left one burning so I'd turn around (even if I was a mile away) and go home and check. I never found one burning.

15. Boom762

Boom762 I AM the one who Booms! Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Alpine, TX
    Before I put a firearm in a room or vehicle I HAVE to unload it, check the chamber, then barrel, then chamber, then barrel. I'll dry fire or decock if available and then clean and whatnot. When Im done, before putting in rounds and putting wherever I had it, I have to check the chamber and barrel AGAIN even though I've checked it twice always and just cleaned the dern thing, dry fire again, put on safety, then reload, then I can rest easy.

My friends have always made fun of me for being so over paranoid about have an accidental discharge but My record with them is 0/0 and Id like to keep it that way. People always have to make a comment about it when I do it too. Like Im some noob and I'm gonna be influenced into not doing my double checks anymore. Pfft.

16. philvanv

philvanv Gerbil Turds, Kitsap County Turd Core

Jul 2, 2012
    and at the bottom it says thank you, and now you can shag off
    I have to make things, I guess orderly. Like if there is more then one object sitting somewhere I will lay it out evenly side by side, or stack it from largest to smallest. I have to leave way to early to get from point A to B if Im given a time to be someplace.

17. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota
    When I was in school middle thru high I would count out loud from 1-10 super fast and shut my eyes and would not open them again untill my alarm went off. Now when my alarm goes off I shut it off then lay back down on my back arms at my sides and count silently from 60-1 really slow if I lose count from starting to fall back asleep I start all over again untill I get to 0.

18. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    I've laughed so hard reading these comments xD :hyper:

19. It's not just that!
    Some don't signal, cut you off, tailgate you, etc. Calgary has a lot of idiot drivers.

20. bachlover

bachlover Guest

Jul 8, 2013
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Yeah, always surprised when I drive in another city how much more civil they are in comparison. Another one we find here a lot is leaving room between you and the next guy - someone invariably squeezes in - stinkeye AND middle finger baton for that one.