New from La Bella! Tapewound Content!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by SLaPiNFuNK, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Root 5

Root 5

Nov 25, 2001
    Canada
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Yeah, what he said! :)

2. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    Hmm... I finally listened to the soundclip above, and I have to say they sound darker than expected, especially considering the tone on the P bass was all the way up.

We'll see how they do on my fretless when they arrive, but I may stick with the D'Addario tapes if the LaBellas are too dark.

3. Dark is good.... :D

--Silvie

4. srayb

srayb

Oct 27, 2010
    Canada
    Can someone confirm that the medium-length 6-string set can properly fit an Ibanez SR506? In the past I've always bought regular long scale and always have to cut off a bit. I don't want to do that if not necessary for these, but don't want to find out too late that the A and D just don't fit! The bass is a 3+3 headstock.

Thanks in advance, can't wait to order these too!

5. GODSBASSMAN

GODSBASSMAN

Feb 2, 2005
    S. Carolina
  6. ric426

ric426 In my defense, I was left unsupervised.

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Any updates on when LaBella will be shipping them? I'm not good at waiting patiently... :D

7. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Inactive Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    I am scheduled to receive a shipment around the twelfth of this month containing select white tape sets.

8. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    Yay! Cause I just had one of my D'Addario tapes unravel. :(

9. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    That's odd....

10. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    Yeah, I thought so too. I'm sure it's just a fluke. I noticed the tape starting to feel loose up by the silk on the G string, and it ended up unraveling under the silk somewhere.

I need to just call D'Addario and get a new one, but I've been lazy and figured I'd try the Labellas when they showed up.

11. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    Shoot me a PM and I will give you an address to email for faster response.

OrvCraig likes this.
  12. woodyng

woodyng

Dec 19, 2007
    Oregon coast
    I just ordered a set Friday,and got the dreaded "not available in stock" email AFTER completing my order. I will give it a day or 2,but nothing ticks me off more than my credit card being charged when an item isn't available.

13. ric426

ric426 In my defense, I was left unsupervised.

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Got my set of light gauge white nylon tape wounds from BSO today, put 'em on my fretless J Bass, and they're even better than I'd hoped for! I don't think they're too dark at all. If anything, they're the most tonally balanced strings I've tried on that bass. With a little bit of pickup blend and EQ tweaking they can go from bright with good bite, to nice, warm and and round, or all the way to really wooly. Everything I tried sounded great to me. They're also incredibly smooth and have just the right tension for my tastes.

14. woodyng

woodyng

Dec 19, 2007
    Oregon coast
    Mine are on their way,i got the light gauge set,too. Can't quite decide if i want to put them on my fretless or a fretted hollowbody....

15. ErnieD

ErnieD

Nov 25, 2004
    Atascocita,TX.
    Not sure where you ordered yours from woodying but I see where my CC was billed last nite upon my order on BSO. Today I got an email telling me strings are not in stock. Hopeful they will be soon.

I don't see where other online stores are carrying these, so sorta stuck waiting for the white nylons now. :eyebrow:

16. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    BSO has all the "Long Scale" 4-String White Nylon strings in stock. Still waiting on the 5 string options...

:(

17. ErnieD

ErnieD

Nov 25, 2004
    Atascocita,TX.
    ...at least there is some movement. :p

I'll keep an eye out for a email or maybe you can post here when some shipments *( of med scale L-5ers) have arrived or better have been sent out. :hyper:

18. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    By the end of next week :)

19. ErnieD

ErnieD

Nov 25, 2004
    Atascocita,TX.
    Now if for some reason you get 5 string MED gauge but NOT LIGHT! I will take a set of regular, med gauge to have them sooner. I can work with either.

I have a set of reg, med gauge Chromes on the bass I plan to use these white's on; so I can go either way. :eek:

Thanks so much, slapinfunk-dude. :D

20. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    I agree with that one guy