Pino Palladino Custom Shop P.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ErikP.Bass, Feb 19, 2013.

1. ErikP.Bass

ErikP.Bass Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2004
    I was just noticing that the price of these basses seems to have gone up quite a bit, from around $2,600.00 to $4,000.00! Anyone have any insight as to what happened here? Did they stop making them or start making them differently somehow? I am wondering if the newer ones are going to remain more expensive than the older ones. I know they are amazing basses.:bassist:

2. ErikP.Bass

Nov 23, 2004
    Has no one else noticed this or am I going crazy or looking at MSRP?

3. ggvicviper

ggvicviper Yamaha & Grosbeak. I’m Marc!

Jul 16, 2011
    East Meadow, NY, USA
    Fender has been increasing prices across the board - but different instruments went up different numbers. The AVRI instruments went up by a large number too.

4. Yeah everything in the Fender line is more expensive. Even Squiers are approaching $400.

5. pedro

pedro

Apr 5, 2000
    Madison, WI.
    Nice looking instrument and I'd love to own anything Palladino but that's crazy.

My $.02.

6. JazznFunk

JazznFunk

Mar 26, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Agreed... I'm sure it plays like a dream, but I'm happy with my Squier Classic Vibe P in Fiesta Red to satisfy my Pino aspirations. haha

7. pedro

pedro

Apr 5, 2000
    Madison, WI.
    I'm not so sure. I've yet to play anything from the Custom Shop that's been set up decently. I truly don't understand from a marketing POV why they don't insist on it. If you're gonna ask someone to shell out that kind of money for a bass it SHOULD playing like a dream.

8. Biggbass

Biggbass

Dec 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
  9. ErikP.Bass

Nov 23, 2004
    I didn't notice that it was across the board but now that you say it...MSRP of $5,800.00 that is over the top. I wonder what the reason for the hike is and if folks will really keep buying. I thought the price was already a bit inflated, they must be making some serious profit.

10. ErikP.Bass

Nov 23, 2004
    Yeah, I've been really floored by my Road Worn P & J and my Classic Vibe Telecaster. They're definitely doing something right there.

11. SactoBass

SactoBass A retired civil engineer who likes all-tube amps!

Jul 8, 2009
    Lake Havasu City, AZ
  12. markorbit

markorbit

Apr 16, 2004
    As an ex-owner of two Pinos I think they are good basses but neither hit the 'wow, this is amazing' feeling I was hoping for. In retrospect I preferred the neck profile on my '62RI. Maybe it's just me or maybe both of the ones I had were just 'good' and not great but I think they are overpriced. If you dig the colour it has a nice relic job. Looking forward to trying the new 63P in 3TS which is more the vibe I like, especially with the clay-coloured dots...

13. I played one once and was not "blown away", but I sure would love one!

14. ErikP.Bass

Nov 23, 2004
    This is great.

15. ErikP.Bass

Nov 23, 2004
    I have one and was contemplating selling it but seeing this has made me rethink it. When I got it I figured I could always resell it for what I paid but never imagined it might go up in value. Not sure anyone would really pay that much in the used market....and I'd be satisfied with just breaking even and passing it along to someone who'd play the hell out of it.