Seattle/WA GTG - March 30th, noon to 5pm - now with awesome free stuff!

Discussion in 'Social Events and Get Togethers [BG]' started by Selta, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I would definitely be interested in viewing that and picking your brain as well!!

Peace,
    Greg

2. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    If anyone has a Demeter preamp I'd be very thankful for the opportunity to try one with my basses, and through my cab. I'm eagerly awaiting James' new VTBP 800 D and this would potentially seal the deal.

3. Marial

Marial weapons-grade plum

Apr 8, 2011
    Oh yeah!

4. Rodent

Rodent A Killer Pickup Lineā„¢ Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Honey Badger Pickups & Regenerate Guitar Works
    Thanks to a great NAMM show last week we're low on inventory until late April when new builds enter that phase where they start returning back from paint. I'm sure a couple of us can bring our personal instruments in addition to anything that's in stock that weekend. This should allow there to be a sampling of 4/5-string basses from our VRB and M-Series models, and possibly even a bass or two from our 4/5/6-string Malibu model

I'm sure we could also bring a rig or two if need be

all the best,

R

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    This is awesome! :hyper:

6. I have been wanting to come to one of these for three years! This gives me motivation to get my DB728 up and running. Unfortunately, I think my DB680 is sold, but I can bring my DB659 and a Berg HD210.

7. JamesRedfern

JamesRedfern Guest

Aug 26, 2013
    Poulsbo, WA
    I'll try to make it. I can bring my Streamliner 900 and Berg cabs in nobody is bringing those already?

8. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Come on down and bring whatever you'd like! :)

Sure, bring it! :)

I updated the OP with these two, as well as a mini-map that shows directions.

Let me know if there's any questions at all! Looking forward to this!

9. db4124

db4124

Oct 13, 2011
    Washington
    I will most likely attend for the head count. This sounds like a fun way to meet other like minded folks.

My only gear is in my sig line, so I probably won't bring any unless someone wants to demo something. Let me know if anything sounds interesting and I will bring it along.

10. knuckle_head

knuckle_head Commercial User

Jul 30, 2002
    Seattle
    Owner; Knuckle Guitar Works & Circle K Strings
    Hhmmm . . . . I might can do this. I can bring two basses, a sub and my Millennia/SLA rig (I think)

11. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    I sure do hope so! I have an idea I'd like to run past you... is PM or email better? :)

12. knuckle_head

knuckle_head Commercial User

Jul 30, 2002
    Seattle
    Owner; Knuckle Guitar Works & Circle K Strings
    Email is best

13. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Sent ya an email! :)

14. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Also, quick update:
    We'll be having at least one "giveaway" contest happening during this. I'm attempting to organize a couple more. What we're giving away will remain a prize until the day of!
    :hyper:

15. Troph

Troph Guest

Apr 14, 2011
    Kirkland, WA
    I can bring the 4-ohm Avatar TB153. I'd actually like to hear it next to a 15/6/1 fEARful, if someone happens to bring one of those...

16. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    That would actually be cool. I know that some nEarful/fEarfuls will be there, but not sure which ones exactly.

17. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing.

I think cableguy still has a "true spec" 12/6 or 12/6 + 12 sub rig. I'm thinking about maybe bringing my 15/44 rather than any of the various 15/6/1 fARFful rigs I've brought up there in the past. Silky's LDS 15/6/1 sounds just like a fEARful anyway IMHO. I'd love to hear the Avatar version.

I could bring my Thunderchild 112AF as well. I'm moving back to a stereo rig and it works really well for the "ambience" side. I'm currently building a dedicated amp mainly for this, which will more than likely be done by then. Sort of on the same page as the Minnie/Demeter amps, but I'm using a different ICE module that makes 500 watts at 4 ohms, and a solid state preamp section with a few new-to-me twists. These GTGs are always hugely helpful in showing me where my DIY projects measure up or don't.

I'd really like to hear a Monique side by side with my DIY tube preamp too, and any and all fretless 4s are always a bonus since I don't play fretted basses at all. ;) If anyone owns an fdeck HPF, I'd be grateful if you could bring it along to provide a benchmark for the one I'm developing.

18. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Oh, yeah, an fdeck HPF would be nice too. They seem to get talked about a lot here... quite a few people mention that constantly as solutions to problems. So I'd like to actually hear for myself what they're doing.

Can't wait to see/hear some of your stuff too, Charlie. Maybe we can talk shop a little too :smug:

19. cableguy

cableguy

Jun 4, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    +1

20. cableguy

cableguy

Jun 4, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    I have a fEARful 12/6 and 15/sub. They ain't pretty, but sound good......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.