Thunderfunk Amp club!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Neatcirrus, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Neatcirrus

Neatcirrus

Oct 8, 2007
    chicago
    This is the start of the Thunder funk amp club. Post pics of you rig and discuss these amazing amps!
    my pics will be up soon and i will be asigning numbers.

2. chris_b

chris_b

Jun 2, 2007
    Hi, count me in. I've been playing a Thunderfunk TFB550-B for about 2 years now. It's the best amp I've ever used.

various1110.gif

3. rick1906

rick1906

Jun 6, 2002
    SD
    Here's mine. This rig just kills!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ptidwell

ptidwell Commercial User

Jun 13, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Owner LoPHAT Cabinets & Amplification
    TFB550B Great amp

LoPhatCabsIII.gif

5. Hizzoner

Hizzoner

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago area
    This is perfect timing...no pix yet but I love my 550b...good to see some of your settings...had it on tube flat for a long time and occasionally added a touch of bass on the timbre dial....today I played with the parametric added more mids/mid lows and bass, keeping timbre flat and I LOVE it.. WOW...very flexible amp and sounds great with the Glock quatro cab...

Anyone using tfunk cabs?

Thanks
    Mark

6. Marcus Willett

Marcus Willett

Feb 8, 2005
    Palm Bay, FL
    Endorsing Artist: Bag End - Dean Markley - Thunderfunk
    My 750A is paired with a Whappo Jr...best rig I've ever had.

godley69 likes this.
  7. svtb15

svtb15 Inactive

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig. Q+
    One of the nicest sounding amps available.. I only sold mine because i needed more power.. but the amps sound great with a very nice DI too

8. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    <peering into the thread with a Gibson Gb440>

any predecessors allowed, or is this one strictly Thunderfunk?

0807091755a.gif

9. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Sorry for the very poor picture - can't tell if this is my current head (TFB750A) or my old TFB420A. Anyways, I'm rockin the 750A now with UL410 and my Sadowsky NYC...

DSCF1843.jpg

10. Bassist30

Bassist30

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    I have a 550B with a 750a powerboard (an additional 75 watts). I was going to sell it for more power but it sounds so good I can't. This thing is amazing. This is not a regular update but I consider myself very privileged to have one. Only a few around. This has the 550B sound but with additional kick. So far I have used this with a whappo jr, berg AE 410 and 2 aguilar DB 112 x 2, and it just sings. My opinion one of the few top brand bass amps on the market. So glad I never sold it. Thanks for starting this club. Its about time.

Attached Files:

11. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    I roll with the originals: A.M.P. BH-420 and BH-260.

12. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    SAD531-3.jpg [/IMG]

550A updatted w/ the switch I bought used from KJung. Love it, run just a 210UL and I can hang with the half stacks. Punches thru anything.

13. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    I've been relying on Dave's amps for a few years now and they have never let me down. I started with a 420, then added a 550 right before he came up with the "gold chip". I put the gold chip in both of them. The 420 went to another TB'er to finance a Shuttle 6.0. He has since moved on to a different amp for some reason I don't recall at this time. These amps don't 'do it' for every player, obviously, but they have saved me money by not needing any repair and not making me feel amp G.A.S. symptoms. The Shuttle acquisition was not due to dissatisfaction with the 420 - I had more of a need for a physically smaller amp than to have two 'Funks on hand. Tone tip for fellow 'Funkers: try turning the enhance all the way up and backing the timbre a bit to the left (to taste). I've been running mine like this ever since Chef passed this tip along to me...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Neatcirrus

Neatcirrus

Oct 8, 2007
    chicago
    Here my rig guys. i'll have to put picks up of my bass later. and im not using TF cabs but i've heard them and there great. i think i want to get that accugroove cab though! Sorry but to get a number you actually have to own a Thunderfunk amp. Oh yeah mines a 750 Btw got it last summer and in love with it!

Chris B #2
    Rick1906 #3
    Ptidwell #4
    Hizzoner #5
    Marcus Willett #6
    Alexander #7 - love the Sadowsky BTW
    Bassist30 #8
    Mongo2 #9
    Burk48237 #10
    Spiritbass #11 thanks for passing the tip on I'll have to try that!

Attached Files:

15. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    No pics of the "big rig" yet,but I played my Tf550 through an Ampeg 810 classic 2 weeks ago,and it was pure sonic heaven! It wasn't hi fi sounding at all,of course,but it was a nice mix of old school,and modern.The Sterlings never sounded better! I'll try to get some pics done soon.

16. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I love the sound of my 750A through an 810 for old school stuff. Played a number of gigs while problems with my 410 were getting sorted out and it worked great.

17. Neatcirrus

Neatcirrus

Oct 8, 2007
    chicago
    73jbass #12

18. Arranger

Arranger

Mar 9, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    I'm back. Was in the TF clan a few years back and just replaced my old 420 with a 550B. Glad to be here!

Dave achieved a tremendous feat with his designs.

ThunderfunkBergantinoBassRig.jpg

19. Hizzoner

Hizzoner

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago area
    thanks neatcirrus...good idea

20. DblG

DblG

Apr 27, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    TFB550A here....sign me up!!