Waves Renaissance Bass?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by bassgrooves2, Mar 14, 2015.

1. anyone using this plugin in their workflow? I see lots of people us onit on electronic instruments and was wondering if anyone's having good use of it with bass guitar Its on sale today for $39 and was thinking of checking it out. Fwiw the Trans X is in sale for $49 today too, haven't used it either.

2. Just for a little update, I downloaded the demo to try out. Made a quick version of a Chevelle song to test it out on with Logic Pro X, utilizing logics drummer. I used the Renaissance on the Kick on a parallel bus and did the same on a parallel bass guitar bus, handling the low end. Made a pretty heavenly dramatic difference, and was quite easy. I wish I had been in the know when this plugin was given away, but in any case i think it may be worth the $39, so i think ill give it a shot.

This is actually the first aftermarket plugin I will have purchased. the only other ones I have other than stock are the Focusrite Red plugins that came bundled with my Saffire 18i8. I rarely use them.

check out the results if you'd like.

3. I use it a fair bit to help give sub low extension to things like kick, bass or bass synth when needed. It gives you the illusion of the low end being lower than it is which allows you to get your low end translating on small speakers better, it's very similar to Maxxbass (also by Waves).

A little goes a VERY long way.

4. yeah i think i may have gone bit too heavy with it in my example, but it is literally the first time I've ever used it, but I think ill find it useful in the future. As you can likely tell, Im new to mixing and just trying to practice in my spare time. I am having fun with it though.

5. Good Deail - already gone :(

I have Maxxbass, which is the same technology. I use it Live also.

Waves exclusively owns the patent.
    It on some computers, I think Dell maybe, Crest also has it built into their DSPs
    Bass consumes power, and everybody wants more battery life so this technology may be a future in a lot of mini devices, and smaller sound systems.

6. One day sale on Bass Rider today $70
    bass-rider.png
    Waves has demos to download and try