Whats the best Bass Cable on the market?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bassworship1, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Stevorebob

Stevorebob Well... I Am Here, Aren't I? Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    I don't want to dispute your personal findings; however, it does not seem likely that a power cord could make blacks display blacker on a monitor. Black is created by the absence of light, so you're basically saying that, not only does the super cord deliver more current, it also can create less than zero current. Can't get any blacker than off. What you see might possibly be an illusion. Kinda undermines your claim.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    Bob Lee (QSC) likes this.
  2. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio!

Jul 3, 2001
    Chester, Connecticut
    Former Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    External factors—portability, mobility, etc.—justify whether to use wireless instead of a cable, not reliability or performance.

3. Gizmot

Gizmot Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Pittsburgh area
  4. Gizmot

Gizmot Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Pittsburgh area
    In video, producing black is the equivalent of an audio amplifier producing low-end response. Colors (whichever one) are like high frequencies in audio.

The only reason I mentioned this is because most people believe what they see more than they do what they hear, even though your ears are much more accurate than your eyes are.

In the Music Cord Pro, the combination of 8 x 20 gauge conductors in series, has less resistance (lower impedance) and it gets power into whatever device much faster than a 16 gauge IEC cable with 3 conductors.

I've recommended the Music Cord Pro to a bunch of my friends and every one of them heard the difference. Its built very heavy-duty too.

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Reviewer: Bass Player Magazine
    Please send me your list of friends who all heard a difference. I've got a bridge in New York I'm looking to sell and they're exactly the kind of buyers I'm looking for....

Bob Lee (QSC) and Bass_Pounder like this.
  6. You got to love it when someone is so fooled by his own confirmation bias that he tries to convince a well respected engineer that the snake oil is for real.

7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Yep, hilarious stuff. Also, the power cable can't improve the blacks in video.

Stevorebob and Bob Lee (QSC) like this.
  8. Bob Lee (QSC)

Jul 3, 2001
    Chester, Connecticut
  9. Handyman

Handyman

Sep 4, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Well then, if its all about having the resistance of a 14AWG conductor (what the Music Cord Pro web site claims), then have at it. 14AWG 10 foot IEC cable from Amazon. $12.50 with free shipping.
    Amazon.com: Tripp Lite Heavy-Duty Power Cord, 15A, 14AWG (IEC-320-C19 to NEMA 5-15P) 10-ft.(P034-010): Electronics

10. This is horse puckey.

ESP's explanations of the "science" behind their power cables is laughable to anyone who actually understands how power cables and amplifiers work and an affront to real engineers. It's a bunch of pseudoscientific bafflegab meant to impress people who have vague ideas about the mechanics of power delivery. It's insidious because they use real concepts but grossly misapply them to audio. The skin effect, for an example. This is a very real thing and is actually quite problematic in transmission at RF frequencies, which is why you see flat cables and Litz wire in those applications. However, it is of no consequence at audio frequencies, even if we generously extended those out to 100kHz. And the idea that current delivery from the AC line to an amp's power supply can be somehow "sped up" by a 6 foot special cable is ludicrous beyond belief and indicates at best a fundamental misunderstanding of how power supplies work or at worst a deliberate deception.

11. MD

MD

Nov 7, 2000
    Marin Co. CA.
    Increased Dynamics, Volume & Headroom
    Your amplifier will be capable of playing louder yet sound effortless!

My amp can play louder, but sound effortless? How do I know it's effortless? What does effortless sound like?
    Man, you just can't write this sh*.... oh, wait...

Hey now, I've bid on that bridge. Please do not assist in bumping the price.
    Thank you.

Handyman and Bob Lee (QSC) like this.
  12. Apparently, power cables can cure GAS.

Most Affordable Way To Improve Your Sound!
    Once you try MusicCord-PRO and experience the magnitude of performance improvement, you may no longer feel a need to replace your component. This could save you hundreds to thousands of dollars!

13. tedious1

tedious1

Feb 14, 2014
    If you have any of the above between you and your amp, the solution is not wireless, the solution is a kick up the BL's backside for booking you into such a venue! Then make him go and turn your low mids up a half-notch.

14. Handyman

Handyman

Sep 4, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Really? I totally want to play a gig with ninjas and sharks. Pirates too.

dgrizzly likes this.
  15. tedious1

tedious1

Feb 14, 2014
    Nothing against ninjas, sharks, or pirates at a show, just not between me and my rig. I just broke the singer of that habit...

16. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    So your singer kept putting ninjas, sharks, and pirates in between you and your rig? What a douche!

Chef and tedious1 like this.
  17. Bob Lee (QSC)

Jul 3, 2001
    Chester, Connecticut
    That sounds like it would be a really rippin' Saturday night!

Handyman and Chef like this.
  18. I bet Einstein would have loved to know how this happens. There truly is so much tripe in this topic that it's being used to great effect on some forums where the members here are being laughed at. The physics is solid, the bent physics so full of holes, even a high school student would shoot the rubbish down in flames. The only real physical difference between cable (and NOT expensive vs cheap) is really attenuation and capacitance. So a cable can have negative impact, if it's characteristics are at odds with the source and destination - usually due to impedance mismatches. This is it. Most suitable cable is also quite thick cable, so is also rugged, easy to solder and age resistant. I've been using the same main cable sources for getting on for twenty years, and the old ones are just as good still as new ones.

All this magical snake oil stuff just makes people laugh.

19. tedious1

tedious1

Feb 14, 2014
    I know!

20. Chef

Chef In Memoriam

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Solid Gold.
    This Thread Is Solid Gold.
    SGNP