A great day for Good News!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Hambone, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Got a coupla good pieces of good news today

First, my son found out today that he's made the elite Jazz Band in HS. He's just a freshman but really worked hard to pass the audition. Pissed off a bunch of his "friends" in the process too. It looks like he might actually have a future in music as a pro. Just last week he lent his skills to his uncle in his first pro-level recording session. He wrote and played a solo in a praise band piece that they recorded for a new CD. I was very impressed as was his uncle. Though the piece was fairly short, it did showcase some phrasing and breathing patterns that usually only come from more experienced players.

The second of the good news items is that we've just learned that my wife has recieved another clean bill of health concerning her leukemia (CML). This is her fourth year out from a bone marrow transplant and so far her donor cells are still 100% and PCR is negative. Conventional wisdom says that 5 years is the magical interval for a proclamation of "cured". We've been very lucky in every stage of her diagnosis, treatment, and recovery and we continually thank God for these blessings.

All in all life is pretty good right now.

2. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Great news!:)

3. Turock

Turock

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    That is great news. I know you must be proud of your son. Best wishes for your wife.

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

Hambone, I'm sure that you are ery proud of your son. Hope he continues to do well. Also great news about your wife as well.

5. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Inactive

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
  6. those are good news! :)

ain't life grand?

7. BassWizard55

BassWizard55 Guest

Dec 21, 2002
    Rome, Ga
    SWEETNESS:D :D

8. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Ditto.

9. Sinker

Sinker Guest

Dec 4, 2002
    Newark, DE USofA
    Good stuff on your son and wife!

What does your son play?

10. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I was wondering the same.

11. Fetch Da bass

Fetch Da bass Guest

Apr 26, 2002
    Vista, California
    Great news Hambone....:cool: :cool: :cool:

12. The boy is a sax player - alto and tenor. It's sort of funny that we found out about the jazz band position while at auditions for district honor band - which he has NEVER been able to crack in 3 tries. Yet, he was one of the few that got prepared for today's competition. We'll find out in a week or so about the effort.

Thanx all for letting me beam a little.

13. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Who says that there's no God? That's GREAT!

14. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Wonderful news, Hambone. On both accounts. Puts a lot of things in perspective.

Peace,

James

15. OakenZero

OakenZero Guest

Jul 15, 2002
    State College, PA
    Good to hear!

16. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    congrats, hammy. it couldn't have happened to a more deserving family. :)

17. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Great news about your son, but especially about your wife. I'm happy for ya!:D :cool:

18. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Reviewer: Bass Player Magazine
    Glad to hear of your good news Hambone. And they say good things come in threes; now it's your turn :)

19. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    Kings Bay, GA
    hey, great stuff, man! congrats are in order for the little hammy and it's a blessing that the wife is in good health.

20. jplb70

jplb70 Guest

Nov 1, 2001

With news like that you more than deserve to and should beam :)

Give that kid a pat on the back and you wife a big hug from all of us here at TB! :)