1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Amps, Cabinets, and power!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by modulus, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Hey everyone! I have a Mesa M-pulse 600. I run it through the Mesa Roadready 1000 cabinet. If I were to add another mesa cabinet to my rig would I get more volume? The mesa cabinets can be switched between either 8 or 4 ohms so I would always be able to run the amp at 600 watts. Would I be pushing my amp to hard? or would I not realyl notice a volume difference since the same power is going in? Thanks in advance!

2. I don't think there is any configuration of a multi-speaker cabinet that can be made 4 or 8 ohm by using a switch. Are you sure about that ??

Secondly, even if it were possible, then YES you would notice a difference in volume by running 2 cabs due to the increased speaker cone area moving more air.

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You can't switch the impedance. What the specs on their site mean is that you can buy either a 4- or 8-ohm cabinet. So buy the 8-ohm and, later on, you can add another 8-ohm cab without overloading your amp.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 27, 2021