Anyone Teach, Studied with California Music Studios

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jgbass, Jan 19, 2006.

1. jgbass

jgbass Guest

Dec 17, 2003
    I saw some ads here for California Music Studios. I was just curious. About six months ago I went to talk to them about being a teacher for their organization. I was really impressed and so elated that they decided to sign me on as an independent contractor to teach beginning piano, bass, and guitar. I reviewed and signed their contract and sent it back to them. I don't have much experience teaching music, but they like my background in other related areas and I have guitar and piano experience. I immediately boned up on some areas and looked forward to a follow up phone interview that was prescheduled for a week or so later after I had time to review their material.

Well, I called the day of the interview right on time and was put on hold, got rescheduled, and, despite several attempts to get some kind of response from them, either via telephone or email, I never got any follow up. I thought this was all very strange. I signed a contract with them. The interview seemed to go very well, and, then....no response.

I guess I need to chalk this up to another life experience that didn't go the way I hoped, and I thought this was not the most ethical thing either. The good thing that happened out of this is that I decided to go become a music teacher, without having a company take a cut, and am teaching beginning bass right now.