Aria Pro II SB Integra

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Gazagne, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Gazagne

Gazagne

Jan 4, 2019
    France
    Hello, I am looking for a wiring schematic for an Aria Pro II SB Integra. It's an active bass, 4 pot and 1 two-positions switch, 1 double mic and 1 single one...

I found this lovely bass, and someone has modified the wiring, and it doesn't work...
    Please help me to repair it, thanx a lot for reading me 1f642.png

Attached Files:

2. Potomuss

Potomuss Supporting Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Peoria, IL
    If you haven't got this worked out yet I may be able to help. I just purchased an '86. If it shows up with stock wiring I'll take photos and draw something up. Should be here in a week or so.

3. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie Guest

Mar 24, 2006
    You should also fix the winding of the E and G strings on the tuner posts.

kalle74 likes this.
  4. bigsnack

bigsnack

Aug 24, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Did you snag the one from Australia on Reverb?

FYI there are a few iterations of these basses. The earlier prototypes had a phenolic fretboard, preamp kill switch, and I believe mini PCB's connected to each pot. The production models had a rosewood fretboard, and went to a single PCB preamp that I believe was called the AHEQ-2. It looks like the first poster had one of the earlier prototypes, FWIW. The TB user Alembic83 has owned dozens of these, and knows way more about them than me, so he might be someone you could reach out to as well.

Either way these basses rule and are my favorite sounding basses of all time! I'm always on the lookout to snag them when they crop up for decent prices. @Potomuss if you draw up a schematic, that would be incredible, as I am looking to create a custom bass down the road with the electronics of the SB-Integras. It could end up being a fun project and that drawing would help immensely!

5. Potomuss

Dec 7, 2016
    Peoria, IL
    That's the one. Paid too much, but I've always wanted one and have never been in the right place at the right time so I wasn't going to let it get away.

Thank you for that information. I figured, like all things Aria, that anything was possible. The listing said it was a phenolic board, but it sure looks like wood to me. I know they make some faux wood phenolic these days, but don't remember seeing such a thing back in the mid '80s. I guess I'll find out when it arrives!

I wonder if the AHEQ-2 later became the basis for whatever was used in the next generation Integras, like the 600.

6. bigsnack

bigsnack

Aug 24, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Keep us posted! I've had 4 of these basses, I love love LOVE them.

7. Potomuss

Dec 7, 2016
    Peoria, IL
    It's here. Looks like I won't be much help to the OP though. As you suggested, this is the version with the single board. Holy cow the sound out of this thing!

bigsnack likes this.
  8. bigsnack

bigsnack

Aug 24, 2005
    Los Angeles
    It's one of the only basses that (for me) never sounds harsh the harder I dig in. That pickup / pre combo is special. Have fun with it!

Gazagne likes this.
  9. bigsnack

bigsnack

Aug 24, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Hello everyone! Although parts of our lives have certainly gotten way more hectic lately, the extra hours at home have given me time to dig into a couple of things. I went ahead and removed the AHEQ-2 circuit from my Integra, and reverse engineered the PCB onto a Visio / PDF. I've reviewed it a few times, and I think I've got an accurate representation of the circuit. Maybe this will help out a few folks down the road as is, but I think my ultimate goal would be to try and recreate this circuit in a smaller form factor, without the pots soldered right to the PCB. I'll probably shoot off a separate thread to reach out to folks about that. Either way, take care!

Attached Files:

10. toine

toine

May 9, 2014

11. toine

toine

May 9, 2014

12. Gazagne

Gazagne

Jan 4, 2019
    France
    Hello everybody. I open this old topic, cause a friend of mine helped me to repair my Aria Integra. The pickups are active. The preamp is working, but I think it need some more wire :
    On the left of the circuit, above the white and the grey wire, there should be some wire leading to somewhere... I don't know what and where. Please give me some answers about it! :)

(Red wires connect to pickups and battery, the black goes on the switch, yellow and orange on a pot.)
    0.jpg P_20210528_190017.jpg P_20210528_190040.jpg

13. Gazagne

Gazagne

Jan 4, 2019
    France
    Hello everybody! A friend of mine helped me to rewire my Aria Integra. I wanted to thank bigsnack who has drawed the circuit and the wiring. With this drawing, we have re-soldered the whole inside of the beast. The sound is huge, this bass is really fantastic!
    Note : be very carefull with the electronic circuit, it will easily burn with soldering...

bigsnack likes this.
  14. Gazagne

Gazagne

Jan 4, 2019
    France
    Thank you for your precious work, my Aria is now growling!!!

bigsnack likes this.
  15. bigsnack

bigsnack

Aug 24, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Awesome news, that makes me happy that those drawings actually helped out! Rock that Integra, they are great basses!

Gazagne likes this.