Do NOT order from Music123...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Marcus, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Marcus

Marcus Guest

Dec 26, 2004
    NYC & Vancouver, BC
    because their service is absolutely atrocious!

They had me on hold (and this is absolutely no exaggeration) for about 40 minutes in total today! Not to mention the three transfers to their "knowledgable" sales representatives who knew just as much about customer service as a bucket of paint.

All I wanted to know, was why I was charged for an instrument that I ordered weeks ago that was (I was not informed of this as I ordered) out of stock? Why was I also led to believe, that it had "already been shipped"?

Really shoddy business practice there, not to mention the rude rep who literally transferred me to a dead-end.

Really though all, do not waste your time. I tried being kind and patient, but it only went so far - I demanded my money back and I sure as hell better get it within the next "3 to 5 business days."

Buyer must certainly beware on this one.

2. sorry to hear. just as a side note, so far i've had very good experiences with musicians friend and american musical.

3. I ordered two items from them last week. The order showed up missing one of the items so I called them about the missing item. They denied that it was not in the package because "Our computers shown that it was shipped at the same time as the other item"

Now Im SOL.....

Good thing it was only a $6 item

NEVER ORDER FROM MUSIC 123!!!!!!!!!!!! :scowl:

4. Marcus

Marcus Guest

Dec 26, 2004
    NYC & Vancouver, BC
    Musicians Friend is actually quite good.

5. BlacktotheBlind

BlacktotheBlind Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Indianapolis
    weird. i've had nothing but good experiences with Music123, both in person and online.

6. Sutton

Sutton Guest

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    american musical is where its at. Music123 has sent me left handed basses when I ordered a righty before

7. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I would dispute the charges with your credit card company before your time is up. I think you have 60 days, but don't quote me on that. You'll have to call them, then send a written letter. Don't get hosed by Music123 because you waited too long to get the charge wiped by your credit card company. If you do, then you have to rely on Music123 to give you that credit.

8. Marcus

Marcus Guest

Dec 26, 2004
    NYC & Vancouver, BC
    M123 has already stated that they were going to refund me the total amount of money within the next 3 - 5 business days and considering I paid with a debit card, I shall have to periodically check with my Citibank.

9. Boy, do I hear you! The problem appears to be the result of their moving their warehouse. I had ordered a G&L that was "in stock" and a guitar stand back on July 10 and paid for 2nd day air. First, at that time, NO ONE informed me about the warehouse move and the delays it was going to cause. My order did not ship until 3 days later. Guess what arrived? The guitar stand and no bass. My online order and packing slip both showed the bass shipping. I spoke to CS and had the same experience as Marcusalan. I was told that the bass had been "misplaced" somewhere at the new warehouse and then she tried to charge me 2-day shipping for the stand! I was given a full refund on the bass and shipping within a few days. However, all of my previous experience with M123 had been quite positive and I now deal with Jeff White only. He has been quite helpful and gives me good prices. I just won't buy again until the warehouse is finished.

10. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    I ordered my Daisy Rock almost a month ago, it seems it hasn't been sent yet... I assume it's du to the warehouse move, but well, almost a month to ship a bass...

11. +1 for Musicians Friend. Got a Fender 4 x 10 cab with horn through them; great price; shipped just fine!

As far as "american musical", I've played in pit orchestras but never had to buy anything except a video of the "musical".
    "American Music", though, seems okay. I've not gotten anything on line, but got a Squier acoustic bass from them and they're really knowlegable and easy to work with in the store I went to. (Found some of the gear prices a bit high, though...)

12. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I'm about ready to call them myself in a few days (it's been 6 days, but with the weekend, only 4 business days). I ordered an SKB case on the 3rd and it still hasn't shipped. But it's strange because the order summary page stays "Processing" but if I click for order details it says "Now Shipping"..

Haven't they been mergering the warehouse for 2 or 3 weeks now?

13. J Posega

J Posega Cat Dad and Dingwall Enthusiast Inactive Suspended Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Portland, OR
    I, too, had problems back in April 2003 when I ordered my Ibanez SR506. They said on their site it was new, in stock, and ready to ship next day. I called and confirmed it too. Alright, sweet, I was excited. I order that, along with a gig bag, strap, and some other stuff, and bam... the next day I get an e-mail saying the bass is on backorder through July. ***!? I says. I ordered it over the phone when they confirmed stock.

So, I gave them the proverbial finger, and they sent me my other stuff free of shipping charge. Luckily, I found the bass at Zzounds.com for the same price the very next day. Took a lot of searching, but I found it.

14. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Wow, this is really strange, I used Music 123 for years without a single problem, whether it was ordering reeds for my saxes, basses, parts, strings, etc. I have NEVER had a problem... probably about two or three dozen orders too. I guess the warehouse moving is really messing things up over there, but it sounds like it's getting really out of hand.

IMO, it wouldn't hurt to give them another chance in a month or two once things settle down.

15. I agree. Up until the move I hadn't had a problem either. To add, however, to my previous post, after the "lost" bass was credited, I re-ordered the exact same bass, was told it was in stock, then waited 13 days without it shipping. I cancelled the order (fool me once...fool me twice...) and ordered from Musicians Friend. I ordered it late last Tuesday, it shipped on Thursday, and arrives today. I will go back after I'm satisfied the warehouse/shipping problems are corrected.

16. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I'm not really in a rush for my case but I'm almost tempted to cancel it and order an equivilant somewhere else.

17. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Funny this thread turned up. I just today received from Music123 a string guide I ordered. Free shipping and was $3-5 dollars cheaper than everyplace else.

I ordered online and it was a breeze. No problems to report.

18. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I've had IDENTICAL situations with Musicians Friend.

19. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: GK, EMG and D'Addario
    The only had good experiences with ZZOUNDS. And they don't rape you on shipping charges.

20. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    So have I. Actually, I've had a problem like this just about everywhere EXCEPT M123. Samash.com was the WORST though, I only got my bass from there because it was discontinued and they were the only ones who still stocked it. They told me they'd throw in an Ibanez case to go with the bass for free. It shipped without a case, I called and they said they'd send me out the case. It was their cheapest case, and they charged me the price of the Ibanez case for it (which was more expensive)

But yeah, M123 has been a Godsend for me.