Does anyone know an effects pedal with a low EQ kill and a dry kill?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Joebradley1, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Joebradley1

Joebradley1 Guest

Mar 24, 2017
    Hey all,

The pedal is actually going to be used for DJing so my needs are slightly different to that of a bass player, but you knows will know loads more about pedals and options out there than me so I hope someone can help!

What I need is a pedal that has an option do do 100% wet / dry kill, as I will be using it as a send and return on a DJ mixer and I dont want to double the volume of the original signal when the effect is in use.

The other feature I need is the option to fully cut the low end out, or as much as possible.. I have seen lots of pedals with low and high damping, but how much does this actually cut out the low frequencies, is it just a reduction?

The pedals so far that I have identified and the pro's and cons I can see of each are below, if anyone could clear any of these up / point out anything else it would be much appreciated.

Just as a note, I dont have a budget im happy to spend whatever on the most fitting pedal to my needs.

Option 1:

Eventide Space - Seems to have the most obvious low and high EQ settings, does anyone know if these are kill eq's or not? It also has the mix option to do 100% wet I assume?

Option 2:

TC Hall Of Fame Reverb - This has a tone dial, although i'm not sure how this will actually cut out? You can also edit the parameters of the buttons on their computer software from what I can tell, with the individual high and low damping amounts, which looks pretty cool if it does what im thinking? It also has a DIP switch on the back with the option to kill the dry signal.

Option 3:

Strymon Bluesky - This has the high and low damping dials, again does anyone know how much this actually reduces the signal, does it cut it in the low all together? It also has the mix dial to do 100% wet.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me answer any of these questions :)

Joe