e-hx the pog

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Guinea Pig, Sep 7, 2005.

1. is this a proficient octave pedal...i already have the octiplexer and would like a seperate octave pedal for going an octave up, I basically want to sound like a bass and a guitar combined, so that my guitar player can solo and me and the drummer can still rock the sh!t in the background. Does the octave up elminate the dry sound, because that would be very disappointing to me. Any other recommendations are always welcome

Thanks

2. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

You can eliminate the dry signal if you want. The sliders are:

-1 octave
    dry signal
    +1 octave
    +1 ocatve detuned
    +2 octave
    +2 octave detuned
    LPF

You can set the levels of each of these to whatever level you prefer (from completely off to full up).

3. Does anyone have any gigging experience with this pedal? I'm wondering how well it tracks, and how it handles double stops and chords. The BP review was favorable, but I'd like to hear other opinions as well. Thx

4. tony moore

tony moore Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2000
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Go to the EHX website. They have tons of good samples of the POG. All represent it very well.

I gig with mine. Absolutely amazing effect.

5. Joe P

Joe P Guest

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    You can always try the "UniBOSS" method!

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=190134&highlight=uniboss

I'm tellin' ya, Man.

Don't get me wrong - I'll nab one of those POGS someday when I have the dough. Yes in-deed! I've heard clips, and they're amazing!

The uniboss method works great, if you have a good distortion sound for it. I've tried a couple other amps besides the Roland Blue Cube for it, and have been surprized at how not-as-good it sounded. ..They weren't very good amps, though! I'd like to try a couple different pedals with it - maybe if I found a good one, then I could get a Boss LS-what-ever, so I could mix the sounds back together (in the 'loop mix' mode), and run it all through the bass amp.

but still: UniBOSS NOR the POG have that octave-plus-a-fifth mode, like that Akai unit... But then everything sounds like Hair Metal anyway.

Joe