Fender Deluxe Active P Bass Special Battery life

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by non, Jan 4, 2017.

1. non

non

Aug 4, 2015
    hey everyone
    i searched a number of threads about Fender Deluxe Active P Bass Special Battery life.
    could not find any info.
    does anyone have any experience with this basses battery life. it has two batteries.

Fender Deluxe Active P Bass Special - Olympic White with Rosewood Fingerboard

the active basses i have take one battery and they last about 6 months.
    if you own this bass how long on average do the batteries last?
    thanks

2. Fredner

Fredner

Jul 12, 2020
    They are supposed to last for 600 hours of use. I'm trying to replace mine now without breaking the plastic holders they are encased in. Doors opened up easy enough but how in the worl do I get the batteries out?

3. TrevorG

TrevorG Gold Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2012
    U.K.
    Similar problems with the Ultra. Regular battery life has been REALLY short for me - as in three weeks!! Rechargable 800mAh batteries saved the day. I get at least three months out of them. Needed a pair of pliers the first time I removed them as the rechargeables were a little bigger than regular batteries. Got easier after that though.

Fredner likes this.
  4. Tommy Sankstone

Tommy Sankstone

Sep 25, 2018
    Did you find out how to remove batteries....18V dual batteries....looking at mine and I can't figure out how to remove them. Batteries pop up but the batteries still encased.

5. gr8avocado

gr8avocado

Mar 23, 2012
    North Carolina
    20220117_125227.jpg Once the battery is popped up you can see the harness is hinged at the back toward the neck. Just pull up on the opposite side of the harness hinge and and it will pop open. It does take a little force to pull open but it should snap open.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022