SOLD Fender P Bass-1957 Reissue-Candy Apple Red-Japan-8.25 pounds

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by A-Step-Towards, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    I have for sale one 1957 model (PB57-53T) Crafted in Japan P bass with a 1990 serial number. This bass is in decent condition. This is one of the lightest P basses I have had, a postal scale photo is shown, 8.25 pounds.

Fender Japan made some standard series production basses but also made a reissue series. This is one of the reissue basses. It has been modded with EMG pickups and a black pickguard. The pickups sound great but the guard has a chunk missing and I dont really like that color with the red so I was going to replace that. I do not have the original pickups. The knobs are really light aluminum ones I had laying around. In the photo the bass is missing 2 pickguard screws I have already put those back in, I was just rushing to get photos all pickguard screws are present. There intonation screw for the G string is missing, I am going to try to find one prior to shipping this out.

The body has lots of dings and dents. The neck has a ding on the back shown and some finish flaking off around the edges. The E string tuner looks like it was bent a little at one and bent back, common but disclosed. It looks like what it is, a 25 year old bass thats been used. The frets are in great shape.

Comes with a worn tolex case that still does the job. I can ship internationally, case wont be able to go.

$599 Shipped CONUS

042.jpg 043.jpg 044.jpg 045.jpg 046.jpg 047.jpg 048.jpg 049.jpg 050.jpg

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  2. 062.jpg 037.jpg 038.jpg 039.jpg 040.jpg 060.jpg 061.jpg

pjbassist likes this.
  3. Chef

Chef In Memoriam

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    the knobs sound great?

sj_bass and kenneffdupriest like this.