FT - 2008 G&L L-1000 1-1/2 inch neck. Limited edition.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rrybicki, Mar 16, 2009.

1. rrybicki

rrybicki Innocent Bystander

Hi All,

I have a like new 2008 G&L BABP L-1000, which I am very fond of. This is one of a limited edition of about 40 basses that were made for the folks over at the BABP board. The L-1000 has not been made for years and there are no plans for another run after this one. This bass is tobacco burst and has a 1-1/2 inch wide neck with a gun-oil-tint maple fretboard.

G&L spent a lot of time trying to make sure this bass had the same tone as the original and succeeded well. It's a great sounding bass with passive humbucker/single coil/ and bass boost (aka 'OMG') modes. Passive bass and treble controls. The neck is six-bolt with rolled edges and is factory PLEK'd. The body is a slightly smaller P-shape

I would like to trade this bass for another bass of similar value with an 1-3/4 wide neck. I am having trouble switching back and forth between wide and narrow necks and since I generally play better (or at least less bad) on a wide neck, I am going that route.

The bass is in like new condition, and weighs in at 9.0 lbs. The original hard shell case is, of course, included.

Pics and links to more below. PM me if you are interested or have any questions.

Cheers,

Russ

[​IMG]

linx...

2. Is that alder or ash?

-GB

3. And what's the fretboard radius?

Thanks,
    -GB

4. rrybicki

GB,

Alder, 12 inch radius.

Cheers,

Russ

5. willsellout

willsellout I apologize in advance. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Any trade interests for amps?

6. NYCBass

NYCBass If it feels good it must be a Jazz Bass Gold Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2006
    Queens NY
    PM Sent

7. rrybicki

All,

Looks like I have a deal, so we will put this bad boy on hold.

Thanks for all the interest.

Cheers,

Russ