Gannon passes Marino?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Chris Brodowski, Dec 15, 2002.

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. I would like to see what percentage of football fans here believe Rich Gannon will break Dan Marino's 18-year old record of 5,084 yards passing.

He has two games remaining; against Kansas City (terrible defense) and Denver.

He needs 676 yards in those final two games.

2. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    not after today....

3. Benbass

Benbass Guest

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    I'm a chiefs fan. I was sad when we let Gannon go. He's a great quarterback. Trent Green is good too though.

4. Guys, the Raiders are playing the CHIEFS for their last game. It's more than possible. Gannon could probably pick up 600 yards against Kansas City.

Man, I bet Chiefs fans remember the days of Neal Smith, Derrick Thomas, and Dale Carter and just want to smash their heads into a wall...

5. Benbass

Benbass Guest

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    Yeah those were the good old days. But hey the new coach rocks and somehow we've got the highest scoring offense in the league. A little(okay a lot) of work on the defense and we should do very well next year. Anyway I didn't want to turn this into a Chiefs thread. I guess there's a chance Gannon could pull it off. As you know we're not known for defense right now.

6. id much rather see them win the games than him get the record. although at this point in the season when marino did it, i think he had about the same amount of yards as gannon does now. he would have had a much better chance if brown,garner,ritchie,jolley,and porter would have caught some extremely catchable balls in the first half. when the recievers get the dropsies their offense does nothing like during the 4 game losing streak. the miami defense was definitely one of the better teams theyve played this year, but oak just couldnt execute when they were given chances. when gannon set the record for most consecutive complete passes against denver, the recievers did their part and caught everything. tim brown had about 4 dropped balls, one that would have been a walk in touchdown and a fumble. the man had me in fits!

7. Ronzo

Ronzo In Memoriam

Jun 10, 2002
    Deep down in Florida
    I was there today. Gannon was a magician to get the yardage he got. The Miami corners were all over the Raider receivers -- and Brown doesn't like to get hit. He heard footsteps all game long.

As good as Gannon is, I hope he finishes a close second to Marino. Marino is the best I've ever seen -- and I was a Jet fan in NYC for almost all my life.

8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Reviewer: Bass Player Magazine
    It all depends on if Link finds the silver arrows and the blue ring to protect himself.

:D

9. SuperDuck

SuperDuck Guest

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Oh good, so I wasn't the only one thinking that. :D At first I thought it said "Mario", thinking the poster got his characters confused.