G'day from a Newbie...

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Outcast, Dec 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Outcast

Outcast Guest

Dec 28, 2017
    Hi all, mature age newbie, been learning bass for about 18 months now... slowly improving... a few mates trying to encourage me to put myself out there & find a band here in Cairns, Qld, Australia. Not sure if I'm ready yet but, trying to muster up the courage.

Been lurking on this page for some time now, thought I would join so I can ask some of my 'dumb' questions...

Looking forward to learning heaps & maybe, just maybe playing in a band at some stage.

2. You will learn more playing with other humans. They force you to study and practice this weeks material.

Welcome and jump at any chance to hook up with a band.

Outcast and BurnOut like this.
  3. Outcast

Outcast Guest

Dec 28, 2017
    Cheers Malcolm,

I ended up putting myself out there via a FB ad on a local musos group & have linked up with some folk. Had a bit of a jam, went well & I now have some songs to learn.

It's definitely forced me to put in more practice, I don't like letting folk down so, added incentive to put in more effort... which is what I was aiming for

So, the journey has begun... it's pretty exciting although a little daunting

eJake likes this.
  4. BurnOut

BurnOut It's The Billy Baloney Show In Memoriam

Feb 1, 2015
    The Natti
    I'm entering my 3rd year on bass, had decades on rhythm guitar. It took me a good year for it to really start clicking. I too had supportive mates, they put me in their band almost immediately. I could barely play and chew gum at the same time. Played a lot of roots, stumbled some, started singing too. First couple shows was big scary, everyone was great. Now I'm playing and singing a vast majority of our stuff, new things are coming out nonstop. I would have never come this far if I stayed at home playing. Get out there and do it, and make sure to have fun. Good luck, and welcome to the Secret Society.
    Peace N Chicken Grease

Outcast likes this.