Ghost Busters

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, May 3, 2005.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Do / did you like either of the Ghost Buster movies or the cartoon they had on TV in the mid to late 1980's?.I personaly like the second movie just alittel more then the first, how about you?.

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck Guest

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    To answer your question in one fell swoop, I'm 22 years old and was Dr. Egon Spengler for Halloween.

I gotta have a picture of that somewheres.

3. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Glad to see people remember :D

4. The first movie is one of my all time favorites. I quote it often.

The 2nd was *okay*, but no where near as good. The cartoons I hated, as much as I hated all late 80's Saturday morning pap.

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Portland, OR
    Pretty much the same. "Ray...if someone asks if you are a god...you say YES."

6. Only

Only Guest

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    I went through THREE copies of the VHS movie when I was a kid. I think I watched it every day for a year. The second was OK. And I remember reading an interview somewhere with the actors, who said they'd been offered more money than they'd ever seen in their lives to make a third movie, but they thought there was no way for it to be good, so they declined. I thought that was really cool.

I also still have a bunch of the cartoons on a tape somewhere.

7. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Portland, OR
    "'Get her!' That was your plan...'Get her!'!"
    "I panicked."

"...you never studied."

"What did you do, Ray!?"

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Loved the 1st movie and watched it many times. The second one had some decently funny sequences and Murray one-liners but the incredibly lame ending (almost as bad as another Reitman film ending, Evolution) kind of ruined it IMO. The scene where the slime-covered busters barge into Murray's date at the nice restaurant was pretty funny. The first movie was far better though IMO.

"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria."

brad cook

9. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I've seen 5h!t that would turn you white! :D

Hey, I just realized, the guy who played Winston Zeddmore was the warden in Oz! :eek:

10. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Portland, OR
    Ernie Hudson, one of my favorite actors.

11. I tried to think

LOOK!

No...it can't be!
    What did you do Ray?!?
    Oh s**t!

It's the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man....

I tried to think of the one thing that couldn't possibly destroy us......Mr. Staypuft...

Ray's gone bye bye...what do you have left?

I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought.

12. I loved the cartoon, movies are good also. I liked both movies, I suppose I'd have to say I like the first one a little better.

One of my friend's wrote a story about me and my Ghostbusters' coveralls (I got the official ones), those were good times.

13. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Portland, OR
    "There's defintiely a very slim chance for survival."

14. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    "Bite your head off, man. "

brad cook

15. RLT

RLT

Jul 10, 2004
    South Central OH
    All of this and no one mentions the video for Ray Parker Jr.'s Ghostbusters?
    I loved that video! Of course the first movie was the ultimate. Second one was ok.
    The cartoons were kind of silly. I hated slimer.

16. Chris J

Chris J Inactive

On a slightly related note, Dan Aykroyd visited a local bar called the Rainbow and began playing his harmonica with the band that was playing. I thought that was really cool and that also leads me to believe that was really him playing in Blues Brothers. Another fine Aykroyd movie btw. And so I don't completely derail the thread...

"Doe."
    "Ray."
    "Egon!"

17. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    LA
    I still have a few episodes of the cartoon around somewhere.

18. Tom Hutton

Tom Hutton

Nov 22, 2004
    In the UK we got "The Real Ghostbusters" cartoon - I remember it being great (but I was about 10), although I never understood why in the cartoon they changed round Pete/Ray's names :confused:

19. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    My girlfriend has an apartment in one of the buildings used to film the movies.

20. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I love the original Ghostbusters film. Have the special edition on DVD. Great stuff.