Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got RID of my Gallien Kruegar 2000RB!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TCollins, Sep 8, 2000.

1. TCollins

TCollins

Apr 4, 2000
    I certainly don't men to offend any GK users out there! BUT the one that I had was probably a lemon! I had already sent it back to GK once and I DON'T want to go through months of waiting for them to send it back to me. In defense of that particular amp, I have to say that when it was working well, it was one of the BEST sounding amps I have ever owned.
    What did I trade this unit (along with my 2 Genz Benz 4-10T XB's) in for?....A brand new Mesa 400+ and a brand new 2x15B (4 Ohm) bass cabinet!!! My G.A.S. pains have subsided for the moment. I WILL miss the GB cabs & I would reccommend them to anybody. I tried to negotiate a trade with the GK & one GB cab...but it meant more "dead presidents" (Attention FBI/Secret Service....that means MONEY...NOT a threat).
    Tonight's my first night with Mesa Boogie stuff!!! I feel like I'm on a hot date with a beautiful woman (although SHE is on the HEAVY side).

"She's so HEEEAAAAVAAY!!"

:)