Ibanez TS9/808 Bypass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mksolid, Aug 18, 2005.

1. mksolid

mksolid

Jan 4, 2005
    Brooklyn
    I understand that the tube screamers don't have true bypass... (there's an earlier post about the new maxon pedal having it available) However, I wanted to get the TS9DX mod from analogman, but i'm wondering about those of you who use tubescreamers... do you isolate them somehow? Or does their bypass not suck out a lot of tone?

2. 33degrees

33degrees

Jun 4, 2005
    Spain
    just a question, how does your tube screamer sound on bass? does it rock? :confused:

3. mksolid

mksolid

Jan 4, 2005
    Brooklyn
    I don't have one, that's why im asking. I have no local shops in the immediate area that have them either. Everybody carries stuff like digital multi-fx pedals. Like the digitech (booo) bp150

4. 33degrees

33degrees

Jun 4, 2005
    Spain
    go for the maxon then! i know that roscoe beck uses an old one, go on his site he might say if its modded or not. he does say that it gives you a 'mid grit' though and he is a pro thats been around, becareful on this forum there's a lot of bad advice from people! :bag: better to go with the pros at the end of the day! :p

5. lowmid

lowmid Commercial User

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    Owner & builder CMC Audio
    i'd say if you like the bassdrive of fulltone, it is quite the same ( fulltone=TS copy)

I thinks the bypass doesnt suck tone, at least not more than a true bypass pedal...

6. 33degrees

33degrees

Jun 4, 2005
    Spain
    but the maxon is really cheap compared to the driver and it looks kooler as well. also its got true bypass,its hand made with high quality parts and its a nice green colour :p

7. mksolid

mksolid

Jan 4, 2005
    Brooklyn
    actually found out that maxon doesnt make a TS9DX comparable. I was reccommended the DX because the DX can actually sufficiently handle the low strings on a bass. TS9 apparently doesnt track them well

8. 33degrees

33degrees

Jun 4, 2005
    Spain
    what about a Maxon SD9? " the SD-9 tone control uses a low range boost/cut circuit for added bottom end." check it out here: http://www.maxonfx.com/9/sd9/ the OD-9 is a tube screamer, i mean Maxon actually made the original tube screamer for ibanez, maxon is tube screamer!

Zbysek likes this.
  9. mksolid

mksolid

Jan 4, 2005
    Brooklyn
    yeah what I want is a tube screamer.. but maxon does not make a DX model that will support the low end. The SD9 is not going to cut it for me.

10. 33degrees

33degrees

Jun 4, 2005
    Spain
    does the TS9DX sound cool without any mods?

11. syciprider

syciprider Inactive

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    The TS808 sounds awesome! It loses a bit of low but what's left is still plenty and bootilicious. Besides, that's what post OD EQ is for :)

I would not hesitate to drop 170 clams for it. Almost did in fact. If not for the American Woman.

12. 33degrees

33degrees

Jun 4, 2005
    Spain
    im looking at the TS9DX and the Jacques TUBE BLOWER which is a factory made 'modded' tube screamer. what you reacon?

13. mksolid

mksolid

Jan 4, 2005
    Brooklyn
    so the American Woman is an awesome overdrive for bass? got any clips?

14. syciprider

syciprider Inactive

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Unfortunately I don't have a way to record. I can mic it to my laptop but I don't think that would come out good.

Hmmm....Recording gear... that's a new kind of GAS! :crying:

15. seakamp

seakamp

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago
    You wouldn't happen to have the TS9DX with the silver option and mode options, would you?

I'd be very interested to hear what a bass sounded like with those mods on a TS9DX.

Analogman refrence page