In search of 6

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by quatre03, Jan 4, 2005.

1. quatre03

quatre03 Guest

Aug 20, 2004
    hey,
    quick recap:
    I have a GT-7(soon to be sold) and i just baught a Yamaha TRB-6P(soon to be fretless). I'm planning on attending Berklee so i dont really have a great use for the conklin GT-7, maybe when i get out i'll get another one or better yet a custom sometime, but i like the range and the neck feels comfortable enough, except the string spacing sucks, and id rather have a pair of 6 strings with wider spacing than a pair of 7's with 16mm spacing, which was my first plan.

story:
    so now i'm looking for a good 6 string bass that has a nice string spacing 17.5mm+, so that the switch back and forth between the Yamaha is smooth. I dont know if I want another Yamaha, i guess it would be the ultimate solution, but i want to also look into some other basses.

I have about 1200 give 200 maybe if i really need it... :help:

2. Don't know about string spacing but resident 7 stringer Eli went from a pair of Carvin 6 strings to a pair of GT-7s. He still talks about how nice the Carvins were but wanted to go higher!

3. I think that a Cort Artisan A6, A Warwick Streamer Stage I 6er, or any widenecked Warwick (with larger string spacing than the normal 16.5, or a nice used boutique bass are excellent choices.

The Cort is 34" scale, and fret spacing isn't listed. Ask on the forums at the Cort website for it.

The Ibanez BTB1006E looks nice, too, but I didn't look up the specs.