Jones Basses, England

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RGerhart, Jan 31, 2023.

1. RGerhart

RGerhart Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2021
    Portland, OR

Attached Files:

2. I like his basses. He got a bit of undue flak for using a Ken Smith shape and headstock and he has since modified his design of that particular model. He is clearly a very talented builder so it's great to see him doing more of his own thing.

I believe the bass in your post was sold this evening and is on it's way to New York (probably bought by Dave Sutkin of Bass Upfront, at a guess).

I will be following Jones in future to see what more treats he builds. I hope he can become an established outfit!

bholder likes this.
  3. jlp30

jlp30

Apr 1, 2004
    San Diego, CA
    I purchased the mk1. Mark was a joy to work with and after he answered all of my questions over many emails and telephone calls I decided to pull the trigger on the prototype in order to get some of the last of the rautia multicoil pickups. I’ve had it for a little while now and it’s simply awesome. The build quality is impeccable and there are endless tonal options in that east/acg eq-01 preamp. I’ve never played a Wal but I have played several alembic basses with similar filter based preamps and in my humble opinion the Jones mk1 is as good or better than the alembics I’ve played. I was a bit nervous ordering a custom bass without trying it out first but mark was such a pleasure to work with that in the end I’m really glad I did.