My personal very custom pedalboard build....here we go.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mr. Majestic, Dec 2, 2010.

1. RedMoses

RedMoses

Jul 4, 2012
    NYC
    Damn that looks good!

2. Mr. Majestic

Mr. Majestic Majestic Wood Supply

Dec 3, 2005
    From Louisiana/In Arkansas
    Majestic Swamp Ash
    Thanks for the positive "thumbs up"......I meant post this pic. It is a Pelican 1520 case. That case would be used whenever long, rough, traveling might take place. The pedal board will fit right in there.....the box is in great shape, but needs cleaned!

[​IMG]

3. MIGHTY IMPRESSIVE! :cool:

No wonder you're called Mr. Majestic. ;)

Besides my not having the skill-set for planning and planing etc, I'm incredibly lazy and can't even keep my store-bought pedalboard organised. :meh:

This thread's like a swift kick in the butt, though; truly stimulating and I must get off my arse and get things done.

Thanks for the inspiration.

4. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

Wow! Your work continues to get better with every build... and your first couple of builds were awesome to begin with!

Impressive far beyond anything anyone else is doing here.

5. Mr. Majestic, your job is excellent. it remebers me the salvage custom products.

6. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Very excellent, high quality job! For me a bit too much size and weight for the pedals it houses, I'm fanatic about making my pedal board as compact as possible, but that's just my taste. I wish I had the skills to build something similar though.

7. Mr. Majestic

Dec 3, 2005
    Majestic Swamp Ash
    Thanks for the "thumbs up" guys. I TRULY appreciate everyone's thoughts and ideas, I can think of a lot.......but not everything, and I prefer other people's opinions.
    I actually gathered most of the particulars off my built board, to respond to your questions and statements.

I looked at many different types of boards to get as many ideas as I could find. I did not want to copy any of them, but there were some very good ideas. None of the boards I looked at used a dropped "board"....every single one were flush with the tops. All of the other boards used a 90`ends off the bottom; mine uses a 90` angle off the top on the front section...I did that to change the look and to support the charger, out of the way. Several issues I won't go in to, but I will say that I did look for interesting ideas.

I did look at Salvage pedal boards, http://www.salvagecustom.com/....along with many other custom pedalboards.
    Here are a few:
    Helweg Custom Pedal boards: http://www.helwegpedalboards.com/
    West Coast Pedal Boards:
    http://westcoastpedalboard.com/
    Trailer Trash:
    http://trailertrashpedalboards.com/
    Blackbird Custom:
    http://blackbirdpedalboards.com/

I completely agree with the weight and available "use" area. I really approached the extreme light weight issue on my older #2 pedal board...it weighed in around 7lbs. On this #3 pedal board, I did not want a HUGE board.....that would be #4.....the one that is in process. But on #3, I currently have the four pedals and a charger on it.....but if I change the layout of them, I have room for several more....just according to their size.
    Here is a list of the different sizes of the board:
    Flat board for pedals: 16" long x 9 3/4" wide

Total outside board size: 17 1/4" long x 12 1/4" wide......that includes the 3/4" boards and the 1 1/2" top piece.

The outside box total sizes:
    width: 19 3/8"
    height: 16"
    thickness: 6 1/2"
    drop-down lock pc: 2 3/4"

Weight to me is a huge issue, also....that is why I used the extremely lightweight swamp ash, I sell. :bassist:

The total overall weight with all the pedals, (2) 25 ft cables, 10 ft electric cord, and the charger was 20.5 lbs.
    A slight breakdown of the weight on just the pedals are:
    Aguilar TH: 2.4 lbs.
    FEA Compressor: 1.5lbs
    Sonic Research ST-200: 1 lb
    MXR Zakk Wylde Chorus: just under 1 lb
    Fuel Tank Charger: 3.3 lbs

With all the cables and cords included that would put the total weight, with the outside cover, around 11.3 lbs......that's very light weight.

8. Testing123

Testing123 Eschew obfuscation

Jan 21, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    FYI:
    Just checked this link (since I'm on the west coast) and found the following message:

NOTICE: This domain name expired on 3/16/2014 and is pending renewal or deletion.

Thanks for sharing all of your creativity and hand-crafted work with us!

9. Mr. Majestic

Dec 3, 2005
    Majestic Swamp Ash
    That is very interesting......It was working yesterday, maybe they'll get back up soon.
    Thanks for the complement! I'm always open for new ideas and criticism.....(I think);)

11:45 am CTS
    for what it's worth....I just checked the west coast website and they must have gotten it updated........

10. Mr. Majestic

Dec 3, 2005
    Majestic Swamp Ash
    All righty folks.....I have a habit of consistently changing and building a new pedalboard. I have been wanting to use my pelican 1520 case for quite a while and I've also wanted to build a simple custom board.
    The size of the board is around 17 x 12.25 x 3. I built it out of figured bubinga and flamed maple.....I've had this wood for about 9 years. I upgraded all the cables to lava cables with 229 connectors. I also used (2) solderless 1/4 locking input jacks....truly like those. Here are a few pics....I had bad lighting on the last pics, so the figured wood doesn't show out very well.

This is a pic of the bubinga laying on top of a piece of amboyna burl and sequoia burl:
    [​IMG]

A pic of me book matching the blank:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Mr. Majestic

Dec 3, 2005
    Majestic Swamp Ash
    A few more pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Wow. That's some really nice work there. The bubinga is incredible.

13. Mr. Majestic

Dec 3, 2005
    Majestic Swamp Ash
    Thanks for compliment. I had been sitting on the bubinga a and tiger maple for close to 9 years. The bubinga is extremely hard.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  14. Mr. Majestic

Dec 3, 2005
    Majestic Swamp Ash
    A few more pics.....I had to add my extra Baer amp logo tag to my Pelican case!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. nshuman

nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    WWWJWWW
    That pedalboard looks better than most commercially available basses.

Mr. Majestic likes this.