Need a new amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by latkingz781, Jul 7, 2008.

1. latkingz781

latkingz781 Guest

Apr 26, 2008
    What to get...
    Well I def need a cabinet, not a half stack or anything. Lol help? Oh yeah I don't wanna spend a crap load. Right now I just use a Fender Rumble Series 60 Watt

2. gotmule?

gotmule? Guest

Apr 24, 2008
    I use the same amp your using now. If you like the Fender sound, upgrade to the Bassman, if not, go to your local music store and try out some different stuff.

3. latkingz781

latkingz781 Guest

Apr 26, 2008
    I want something to amplify my uber gibson

4. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
    There's a zillion threads on this topic so you might want to do a search.
    Be sure to add "2008" to your search to pull up current threads.
    You can also checkout the following thread: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=442966

What's your budget? What size venues do you play? What type of music?
    What size band are you in? What type of equipment are you competing with?
    What can your car carry as far as size? How many strings does your bass have?
    Both now and in the future.

That's a good start.

5. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Inactive

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    Budget? I say buy used, the market is great and you get REALLY good value.

6. latkingz781

latkingz781 Guest

Apr 26, 2008
    Yeah I was thinking about buying used. I play a four string Gibson Les Paul Money bass.

7. AfroMan Skeeter

AfroMan Skeeter Guest

Dec 12, 2007
    I guess a lot of people posted while I was typing. My bad, basically answer what Stumbo said and we can help.

8. latkingz781

latkingz781 Guest

Apr 26, 2008
    Oh yeah I love to play bluesy songs, but i like to play hard rock, funk, classic rock, alot of music. Oh and I want a combo.

9. Connor

Connor Guest

Jun 21, 2007
    Jawjuh
    just study all you can about amps(i assume you don't know much about them because you said you need a cab, but not a half stack, and then you said you wanted a combo) go play a bunch at a music store and you will have a much better decision than if you listen to someone on here.

10. Thunderthumbs73

Thunderthumbs73

May 5, 2008
    Try some stuff out, and also consider used gear. Some of it is taken care of, and looks it. And some, of course, isn't. But that is a viable option, I think!

11. latkingz781

latkingz781 Guest

Apr 26, 2008
    I'm definitely buying used.

12. Thunderthumbs73

Thunderthumbs73

May 5, 2008
    Sometimes that's the benefit of some of us anal-retentive guys: when we sell equipment, you the second-hand buyer, gets gear that's in pretty good shape. We "pay it forward" so to speak.

;)

Oh, where's that Phil Hartman "Anal-Retentive Chef" clip off SNL way back when...