New Tascam Bass Trainer MP-BT1 (MP3)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by chuckee, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Steelpulz

Steelpulz

Nov 4, 2003
    Inglewood, CA
    Yep. However, I am not trying to attack the Tascam products. they are wonderful. The form factor, convenience and portability of the ipo do come in handy.

2. Aragorn35016

Aragorn35016 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Arab, Al.
    Oh yeah I didnt take that way and hope no one else did.The cd trainer that I have had for the past 5 years has been the most useful thing Ive ever owned! However I like you dont really use alot of the effects on the tascam and that app does most everything I need and was way cheaper to buy that and the pocket rock-it amp. I actually sent the creator some questions about it and he's a pretty cool guy and is really stoked that at least some people were talking about it! I told him that if he'd just add a bass boost to it it would be perfect!

3. Steelpulz

Steelpulz

Nov 4, 2003
    Inglewood, CA
    He seems to be a very cool, this is a message he sent me on my youtube account. "noticed you subscribed to my channel. Would you like a free copy of my app? I noticed you subscribed to my channel. Would you like a free copy of my app?
    ... Do you have an iPod Touch or a iPhone? If so, I would be happy to send you free copy.

The video is a little out of date. I made a lot of improvements in the last 2 months. You can learn more at my website www.santacruzintegration.com

[email protected]

4. I had a problem the other day with my MP BT1, I turned it on the other day a discovered that the LCD has two dead lines of pixels on it,:( the problem is near the bottom of the screen. I wonder if anybody else has had this problem, and does anybody think that would be covered by the warranty?

5. whoa!

that is cool.....

I have the BT1 mp3 player......and have used it all the time...(all the time) over the last year. It has really helped me, and is great to play songs and play along with songs before going to an audition.

QUESTION.....do they have an application like the ipod music trainer for a blackberry? that would be cool

the key changer on the bt1 is useful, and I have used it more than a few times......

IMPROVEMENTS FOR THE BT-1
    if tascam could, they should:
    -put in SD card support
    -have a "shuffle" feature
    -be able to make up more than one playlist
    -have the display show more song info all at once, instead of scrolling

that would make it damn near perfect!

TASCAM ARE YOU LISTENING! HEHEHEHEHEHE

big al

6. I've owned the BT1 mp3 for about 2 months now and I absolutely love it. Its so easy to practice anywhere at anytime and I haven't had any issues with it yet.

7. bluesrx

bluesrx Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Lakeland, Fl.
    Just scored a BT1-mp3 off E*** for 148 shipped PLUS I got 8% cash back using Microsoft Bing Cashback. From an autherized Tascam dealer as well.

8. bluesrx

bluesrx Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Lakeland, Fl.
    Also... there is a mail in rebate offer also. USB cable and headphones

9. Magic fingers

Magic fingers

May 19, 2007
    London
    Not sure if this helps but I have been using my Korg PX4 for years for practice. Drum patterns are fixed ie Blues, Bossa etc - speed is controlable. Has a phrase trainer. On board metronome. Different cabinets and effects + echo, wahwah. Works with batteries or mains adaptor. It has a bass/drum rhythm backing but you can cancel the bass and play along yourself. Very flexible little m/c and can add effect to your own instrument live on stage. I think there is also a dedicated bass version. My one works fine with bass. Look it up on internet - seen some on ebay.

10. bassclefman

bassclefman Guest

Apr 12, 2007
    New York City
    I just got my Tascam MP-BT1 I simply converted all my itunes files to MP3's and no problem you just simply drag and drop your music from itunes to you Mp-bt1 music folder. :bassist:

11. 9mmMike

9mmMike Would you happen to have a cookie for me? Supporting Member

I just got one of these TASCAM MP-BT1's and I find the input volume is way too low when I use my passive Fender P. Has anyone else found this to be true? I have it turned to "10" on the TASCAM and my volume is full open on the bass.
    I suppose I could be doing something wrong. The playback and bass "mix balance" is in the middle.

12. CElton

CElton I'm a new note finder...

I don't have mine in front of me, but IIRC, if you're input is max and you still need more, you need to turn the playback volume down and the bass mix volume up to compensate.

13. coastie72

coastie72

Apr 6, 2009
    Columbia SC
    Is it just my ignorance, or can you completely remove indivdual songs (files) to free up space. I haven't been able to do this?

14. CElton

CElton I'm a new note finder...

If you hook up to your PC and open up the file, you should be able to delete them from there.

15. zypp

zypp Guest

Dec 5, 2007
    i have had and worn out two versions of the tascam cd. nothing wrong with them just i'm a slow learner, have used it a lot and left both of them on for days. with you bassist insistence that itune to tascam mp3 won't be a problem i'm going to bid on one right now
    thump on!!!

16. bluesbass99

bluesbass99

Jun 14, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    I actually have both of the Tascams. The first one was the cd type. It works fine. The owner's manual was basically useless, but it worked. It eventually developed a problem and I couldn't play the bass through it. I could, however, run the Tascam through my amp.

I replaced the cd version a couple of years ago with the MP3 version, and it is much better. Downloading MP3s is much easier than the older version. I've knocked it off the stand more times than I wish to acknowledge, but it still works fine. It probably helps that I have a carpeted floor and the drop is only a couple of feet. I am constantly getting twisted up in the headphone cords or the guitar cord. This is also the source of me knocking the unit off of the stand.

Overall, I am very happy with the Tascam Bass Trainer (MP3 version) and would not hesitate to buy it again.

17. +1
    I've had mine for about 2 months as well, and it's an awesome little tool. Haven't had any problems with itunes; just convert the files to mp3 like the other guys said. It's extremely convenient for practicing anything you need to, anywhere with all the built in tools. I hate to say it, but it also doubles as my ipod cuz I, um, still use CD's. :bag:

18. uaudio

uaudio

Apr 11, 2008
    Arizona
    Thread revival!!!

I have one as well and it works. Nothing particularly impressive except its portability. Better, cheaper and easier option is usually your computer.

19. zypp

zypp Guest

Dec 5, 2007
    but i can't carry my computer as well as my travel bass:bassist: on my cbr1100xx when i travel and my band expects me to learn the new songs and practice no matter where i am

20. BluesWalker

BluesWalker Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2008
    San Diego
    Another is to burn a CD from iTunes and then rip the CD to mp3s using Windows Media Player. I do this a lot as I can use the CD in my car.