Pickguard color for a light blue P-bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GeneralElectric, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Camaro

Camaro

Sep 25, 2013
    Germany, NRW
    white pearloid

2. With the new color, you might think a silver pearl or blue shell. They really pull the blue from the body. I really like mine

Pbass2_zps5be42c95.gif

3. Robert B

Robert B Somewhere under the rainbow Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Rittman, OH, USA
    Gotta go mint. With sonic blue it's a completely unique look that just really works! Your bass looks a bit more greenish in the photo, but I still think it would look really good. I like the gold too, though.

4. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Gatineau QC CA
    Put the silver bridge on it and get a pickguard with this color. They call it bakelite but if you search on that, you'll find mutliple colors like that, I found it on pickgards.com. -44%20bakelite.jpg

5. Chico Ruger

Chico Ruger

Dec 11, 2014
    Western NC
    Day-glo orange tort mght be nice.

6. bassclef112

bassclef112 Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2003
    Astoria, NY
    Here's my sonic blue T-Bass with the original 3-ply white guard. I might go with parchment at some point.
    Fr_CU.jpg

7. Follow-up to my last comment, here is the daphne blue fretless Jazz I just acquired. I'm not a great photographer, and on top of that I'm colourblind so I'm sure what the precise pickguard colour is, but regardless I really love the colour combination. I also like the OP's anodized pickguard (I have one on my red Aerodyne P Bass that you can see in the top left of the one photo). 2016-03-30 11.37.41.jpg

2016-03-30 11.37.21.jpg

8. Lownote38

Lownote38

Aug 8, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    That looks like Parchment to me.

9. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Digging around I found the old mint guard I had on my 57 P-bass. Its cracked, but I'll toss it on this weekend.

10. ciwi

ciwi

Jun 2, 2010
    i find sonic blue starts looking white after a while. I see the blue and mint as white and gold.
    Contrast works well.