Pull Your Pants Up Florida

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by GeneralElectric, Mar 17, 2008.

1. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    http://www.reuters.com/article/oddl...0080314?feedType=RSS&feedName=oddlyEnoughNews

2. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    What next...outlaw body piercing & tattoos because it may hurt your job prospects?

3. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    There's an medical argument for baggy pants. I've got extremely large balls that need accomodating. ;)

4. Surly

Surly

Feb 2, 2007
    South Florida
    It's ok for girls to do it and show their thongs, remember.

5. FL Knifemaker

FL Knifemaker Guest

Apr 9, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    Baggy Pants = OK

Saggy Pants = NOT OK.

After they rid the streets of saggy pants, maybe they can go after loud car stereos and people that drive with their seats reclined next!! :bassist: Dumb laws?? Maybe but I aprove :D

6. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Hey FL, can you kindly take a few steps back? That's it... A little more. Good. Now

GET THE HELL OFF MY LAWN!

;)

7. jazzy grille

jazzy grille - Arrogant Bastard

Aug 15, 2006
    Sarasota, Florida
    That's my kind of double standard...

8. beaglesandbass

beaglesandbass Think first, then post? Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    good.

when i'm walking into the store.. i don't wanna see anyone with an XXXL shirt but i can still see their boxers.

9. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I've always been against legislation that violates civil liberties and personal expression....

But if it takes a law to get those kids to pull up their pants, then I'll vote for it!

10. Will it also apply to plumbers? :p

11. FL Knifemaker

FL Knifemaker Guest

Apr 9, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    Plumbers only expose the very top of their butt crack and usually it's not done intentionally :) They don't wear their belts underneath their butt cheeks and hold a handfull of their junk to keep their pants from falling all the way off :mad:

12. Surly

Surly

Feb 2, 2007
    South Florida
    There should be more women plumbers.

13. I don't agree with the law, but I also think you look like a moron for wearing your pants like that. I am turning into an old man :atoz:

lowsound

14. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    What exactly are the criteria for this? How much underwear do you have to be showing to be an offender? Just for the record, I think that this law is ridiculous! Banning fashionable clothing? I admit that I usually show 3-4 inches of boxers (not nearly as bad as some people) but it is for comfort as well as fashion - it is a lot more comfortable and ventilated that tight trousers.

15. buzzbass

buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003
    Tenn. & NJ
    my 11 yr old son has been told in no uncertain terms that dressing like that will get him grounded for life, as will wearing a baseball cap sideways.

16. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    Harsh... (IMO)

Might I ask - why? (Not trying to be rude and question your parenting skills - just curious)

17. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
  18. someguy0105

someguy0105 Guest

Jul 1, 2007
    Elk River, Minnesota
    The other day my friend something about this that I found funny. "Did some famous rapper just die? Is that why your pants are at half ***?"

19. Risen Ashes

Risen Ashes Guest

Nov 19, 2005
    Tallahassee, FL
    I don't want to see anyone else's boxers, I do want to see thongs and a hot female plummer would be fantastic, BUT I don't agree with the law becuase it disturbs civil liberties. My parents left a Cuban totalitarian dictatorship partly for that reason. What's next? No mohawks, no tatoos, no topless women on South Beach...No thanks.

For the record I do not have a mohawk, I don't have a tatoo (I do want a tatoo). It's not big brothers right to tell me what to wear or how to wear it. Now if these kids or people are running around exposing their private area, they should be arrested.

20. FL Knifemaker

FL Knifemaker Guest

Apr 9, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    I told my Son the same thing at about 11. He's 14 now and wears his pants and hat properly. I try to raise my kids with some manors, dicipline and a work ethic. He has no interest in dressing like an inmate, he ever even brings it up. How often, other than a rapper, do you see someone succesful with saggy pants?? FTW :)