Purple Orange Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jd56hawk, Aug 14, 2021.

1. That's something. My old bandleader really liked combinations of black and purple or black and hot pink, he owns a purple pair of converse sneakers. He'd love this.

BrentSimons and jd56hawk like this.
  2. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    I'm waiting to see a purple Orange and orange Orange stack.
    It hurts my eyes just thinking about it.

daveman50, BrentSimons and pie_man_25 like this.
  3. Prince songs 'd sound great thru it!

BrentSimons likes this.
  4. The color is great. Mine came in on Thursday. The blend control allows the growl to be dialed in...

Is there an Orange Crush club.

Luftkopf, BassToGoGo and BrentSimons like this.
  5. BassToGoGo

BassToGoGo

Jul 14, 2018
    Mine arrived yesterday. I haven't unboxed it yet but I'm looking forward to playing through it.

Datsgor likes this.
  6. Hope they offer that on heads and cabs too I'm not fond of combos personally

7. The Bass Abides

The Bass Abides

Mar 3, 2019
    any thoughts you’d like to share regarding this amp? Thanks in advance!

8. BassToGoGo

BassToGoGo

Jul 14, 2018
    Sure thing! Basically I am in love with this amp...

It's louder than I had expected, in a good way too. I wouldn't really consider using it live, I'm sure it would handle a small coffe shop style gig but that's not what this amps about. Even clean it has an aggressive sound if that's possible. It sounds like what I would expect from an Orange bass amp.

The distortion is pretty sweet, the blend controls allows you to and in as much as you want. I mostly like a little dirt added in but it is fun to crank it up the gain knob to the point of sounding obnoxious. I wonder what the "blend footswitch" looks like, it's not included and I never seen one.

The tuner works as expected and it is pretty handy to have it onboard. I haven't tried the headphone/Aux in but I didn't buy it for that.

Honestly I didn't a reason to buy it but the video I saw of Glenn using it was enough for me. The purple color sealed the deal. For $300 bucks it's hard to go wrong.

I haven't tried out the original Orange Crush 50 watt combo, I would like to A/B them...

The Bass Abides and osv like this.
  9. daveman50

daveman50 Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Albany NY
    napoleon-dynamite-gif.gif

The Bass Abides and BassToGoGo like this.
  10. The Bass Abides

The Bass Abides

Mar 3, 2019
    Thank you, my friend! I appreciate your review! There is one selling locally...but dude only knocked of a whopping $20 off the new price for his used amp! :cool:

BassToGoGo likes this.
  11. Celen

Celen

Aug 25, 2018
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Syntax error. :smug:

(J/K - Hope you’re enjoying it!)

BassToGoGo likes this.
  12. bassness

bassness

Jul 16, 2006
    Chicago area
    I've had a Crush 50 for about a year and a half. It's a decent amp for home use. The one thing I don't like about it is the gain/distortion. I think it's awful. Way too fizzy sounding. It's not that big of a deal as I have drive pedals that sound much better through the Crush.