recommendation for small pa speakers

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jambassist, Apr 13, 2006.

1. jambassist

jambassist Guest

Sep 1, 2002
    Easton, PA
    my partner and i are in search of speakers and would like anyone's input regarding them. he plays acoustic guitar and electric guitar through a vox modeling amp. i play bass through an ampeg/bagend rig. we won't have a drummer. the head we plan to use is an old peavey 210 watt powered mixer. all that's going through this is two vocals. we're only playing small clubs and such. we have an option to buy 2 used carvin 15" floor monitors that we'd use as mains, but i don't think this is a good idea as the sound probably won't be dispersed correctly.

i've looked at the peavey PR series and they seem good for the $$$. would also consider beringer speakers. we're pretty much settled on 12" speakers unless we go with those carvins. i'm sure there's fellow TB'rs out there doing something like what we're gonna do so any suggestions w/b greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I'm going to move this to misc. That's where the PA experts hang out so you'll get more responses.

3. sb69coupe

sb69coupe

Aug 9, 2004
    Raleigh NC
    The Peavey PR are decent for the money. I have some Yamaha BR-12's and really like them alot. You can probably get them for around $180 each.