Sadowsky Metro RV5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jazz5757, Jan 23, 2006.

1. jazz5757

jazz5757 Supporting Member

May 23, 2003
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Sadowsky Metro RV5 #391. Alder Body, Morado fingerboard, Olympic White with Tort Pickguard, Sadowsky humcancelling J bass pickups. One year old in mint condition. Comes with original Sadowsky ultralite case and has just been professionally setup with Sadowsky bright nickel strings and the action is nice and low. I bought this one a few months back from "Pickles" for $1950 and the Sad didn't have the VTC then. Since then I purchased the VTC and had it installed when it was recently setup - this baby just kills now!!! Great low B string as well as all the awesome tone you could ask for, plus she's barely over 9lbs and very comfortable to play. Asking $1850 shipped to the lower 48 states, Paypal or Money Order. Not looking for any trades unless you've got a vintage Fender or possibly an Ashdown head to deal with. PM or e-mail me with any questions. Pics available shortly. Thanks!

2. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Commercial User

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder/Owner: Wing Instruments
    If it looks anything like #390, it looks killer. Too bad you weren't interested in a trade for an F bass. Free bump.

3. jazz5757

May 23, 2003
    St. Louis, Missouri
  4. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Yup, she's killer. Long-shot PM sent.

5. jazz5757

May 23, 2003
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Bass on HOLD to the Eggman pending PayPal...

6. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Damn... :crying:

7. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    And so it goes ... :D

8. buzzbass

buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003
    Tenn. & NJ
    If that falls through, are you interested in a trade for my Sonus 5 that in the Trade Bait thread ?

9. jazz5757

May 23, 2003
    St. Louis, Missouri

Yeah Dave - going going gone! I will seriously miss her...the best 5 I have ever owned (evened better than the F, Roscoe, Elrick and Laklands I've had)...

Thanks to all for your interest!

10. drgregn

drgregn Granddude

May 13, 2002
    North of DFW, TX
    Eggman -

I have one just like that except a little newer, ser#1021. My personal favorite Sadowsky bass ever :hyper: (out of 2 NYC PJ5's, 1 NYC Modern 5, and 2 Metro 5's owned previously).

Looking forward to adopting your Dingwall Prima!

Greg

11. Now you tell the truth..:scowl: But I think I'll like Burst one anyway.. :cool:

12. drgregn

drgregn Granddude

May 13, 2002
    North of DFW, TX
    You will :D The ONLY reason you are getting that bass is because I already scored the newer oly white RV5. Otherwise it would have stayed home! I still have two Metro's - so it's not because I've fallen out of love with them...

Greg

13. Eggman

Eggman Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    It is mine NOW!!! Thanks David.

14. buzzbass

buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003
    Tenn. & NJ
    What's your F look like, you interested in my Zon Sonus 5 ?

15. RunngDog

RunngDog

Jan 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    No surprise that Metro sold so quickly -- I'd been looking for one just like that and the price was right, so I'd have been all over it had I not just scored a gorgeous NYC 24-fret (formerly owned by a TBer) off the bay at an incredible price this past weekend.

16. Eggman

Eggman Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    Just brought it home - plugged it in - tuned it up and voila - great tone. My first Sadowsky - me likey!!!!

Thanks again David.

17. drgregn

drgregn Granddude

May 13, 2002
    North of DFW, TX

Is it red quilt top with maple board? If so, it used to be mine. I miss that one sometimes - played AND looked great.

18. RunngDog

RunngDog

Jan 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Yep, that's the one. Seems to have made the rounds here (at least one other TBer I know of owned it). As you say, it really does look and play great (and the price was fairly ridiculous). I'll have to see how I like the "modern" tone.

mr7mus.gif

19. jazz5757

May 23, 2003
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Glad you like the bass Bill - but what's not to like! I'm happy she found a good home - play her often!
    Dave

20. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Can we quit reminding me of what a great bass I sold?! :p

Just kidding, I'm sure that bass will bring a lot of joy to everyone it ever vistis.