Sending my Smith to Pat Wilkins

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smithplyr, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Billy K

Billy K

Nov 5, 2009
    North Bay Marin
    I sent 2 bass's to Pat and I could
    not be happier.Great guy excellent work

2. Why didn't you just send it back?

3. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Another hand raised in honor of Pat Wilkins' work. He resurrected a 1979 Sabre that was far worse than the seller's pictures showed when I bought it.

Chunk of wood missing near the bottom strap, sunburst finish worn through, frets mangled. Pat has it looking near new.

4. smithplyr

smithplyr Guest

Oct 22, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    Got the bass back,1st,Pat Wilkins is the best in the world,I can not say enough good things about Pat,He is the best!Fantastic job on the refinish.Bass is just drop dead beautiful,The Coco top is awsome,Now for the rest,Fedex damaged the bass?,Im so pissed right now,Me and Pat are fighting with the Fedex.The neck has 2 hair line cracks just below the nut on both T & B sides.
    I have been thru a lot with this bass,UNHONEST SELLERS and now Fedex.
    I know this is going to be a long process,It`s been a month now since filing the claim,Have sent them photos requested of damage and the screwed up box that was damged by them,Im keeping my fingers crossed on this one!,I will keep y`all informed on the out come and this battle that im about to begin!

5. It seems the Universe is telling you to spend your money somewhere else.

6. smithplyr

smithplyr Guest

Oct 22, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    Chadds,Why don`t you tell me where to spend?

7. That sucks! Hopefully all is settled with FedEx so you can play and enjoy your bass!

I have had dozens of great experiences buying and selling on TB but the odd time it can go crappy.

8. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

I have posted this bass before about the Pat. This came to me in white that was a re finish over another color. It was chipped banged and scratched up everywhere. Pat did an amazing job did a color for me I only described to him. NT Fbass almost 20 years old and he was super responsive and even talked on the phone to me 3 times. I would send him anything. Sent from PA to CA 4 week turn around back then it was under $600 even with shipping and he did the pickup covers too.

9. smithplyr

smithplyr Guest

Oct 22, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    I have also done a lot,Many great people here on TB,Just found that one!,I hope everything works out my self!

10. smithplyr

smithplyr Guest

Oct 22, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    Beautiful!!!, Pat is the best,He also is keeping in contact with me via phone and email,He did a beautiful job on my Smith!

11. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Inactive Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    Are the cracks in the finish only?

12. smithplyr

smithplyr Guest

Oct 22, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    No,In the wood!

13. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Inactive Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    Really?

Ugh..

14. svtb15

svtb15 Inactive

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig. Q+
    Ive been thinking about getting my Sadowsky PJ5 refinned... mmmmmmm

15. kentiki

kentiki

May 14, 2008
    +1 for Pat. I've been to his shop and checked out about a dozen basses he had there. All looked fantastic and Pat is a great guy, too.

16. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Gatineau QC CA
    That sucks beyond belief. :meh:

17. PMed