Share my happiness

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by TimothyGroovy, Jan 18, 2005.

1. TimothyGroovy

TimothyGroovy Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 3, 2000
    Hong Kong
    Owner: Uni••Sound Endorsing Artist: Sadowsky Guitars, Olinto Bass, LaBella Strings
    Hey guys, I just wanna share my happiness to all of you! My band have participated the Yamaha Asian Beat Band Competition this year, and finally we have won the Champion and I have won the best bass player award as well. :D (it is really means something to me). We will then represent my home country Hong Kong to join the Grand Final in Jarkata, Indonesia at 26 Feb with other 6 Asian countires and region. John Myung, the bass player from Dream Theater is one of the jugde at grand final. It is really wonderful that one of your bass hero is watching you band playing and judge you. :rolleyes: I really hope I can get the best bass player award from his hands. If you guys would like to know more about the events. please check out this link.

http://asianbeat.yamaha.co.jp/index.html

For those who feel interest in our band performance at the competition. Please check this video out!

http://www.tomleemusic.com/SpecialPage/event/ev140/final/en/review.html

I use my own US Curbow Int'l Exotic Petite 6 string bass and the SWR SM-400 + Goliath III + Triad which provided by the organiser that night, but my bass sounds crappy in the video. :bawl: The mixing can't bring out the bass as well....Sigh....... :spit:

By the way, I have to use Yamaha bass during the grand final due to the restriction, I have requested a Yamaha TRB-JP1 6 string bass from my local organiser, Tom Lee Music, it is the good bass anyway and I think my playing won't affect too much by the bass. ;) Thanks god.

2. Papersen

Papersen

Mar 22, 2002
    Congrats !!!

I`m not so fond of "Music competitions" coz it`s not the
    way I see it (maybe coz we never won one :eyebrow: )
    Anyway, I suppose it`s great honor to receive those awards and having Myung as a member of the jury will be a big challenge to your concentration. Just don`t think about him.

Now, that I`ve checked what I`ve written, I surely sound like a prick. Congrats really.

3. DemoEtc

DemoEtc

Aug 18, 2004
    Congrats Timothy! It's always great to be appreciated and recognized for all the hard work you put in, hour after hour, day after day. Good luck on the finals, but however it goes, you should keep your award in a place of honor.

Best regards, man :)

4. congrats!
    and good luck on the finals!

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

Congratulations!:cool:

Wll you have an opportunity to play a TRB-JP1 quite a bit leading up to the finals? It would help to spend a little time with one.

Good luck.

6. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    The key is to just have fun.

7. TimothyGroovy

Aug 3, 2000
    Hong Kong
    Owner: Uni••Sound Endorsing Artist: Sadowsky Guitars, Olinto Bass, LaBella Strings
    Thanks!! :D I will do my best in the final!!

8. TimothyGroovy

Aug 3, 2000
    Hong Kong
    Yeah! I got my Yamaha bass already! It is great!! So I think I have no problem with the new bass! ;)

9. There are way too many amazing bands out there. It makes me nuts because its too good. You guys are great though, and congrats on your awards, dont worry about John being there, he will definately dig you guys.

10. karrot-x

karrot-x Inactive

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Awesome performance....definitely have a HEAVY DT influence :). He's gonna pick up on that, really like the slap riffs verse? Treat the Yamaha well, and make sure that you thank Myung for being who he is :).

11. TimothyGroovy

Aug 3, 2000
    Hong Kong
    For those who feel curious to know what is the final result that I got from the Yamaha Asain Beat Band Competition!
    Here it is! The competition was ended last Sunday

http://asianbeat.yamaha.co.jp/grandfinal/index.html

My band won the special jury prize (no Champion... :bawl:, due to the host country effect...Champion and one of the other jury prze winner are both Indonesian band), Best guitarist award and I won the best bass player award. It is kinda dream come true for me. Because I received my best bass player award from one of my bass heros - John Myung from Dream Theater!! :eek: It is an unforgetable and memorable moment of my life!

I have attended two John Myung clinics in Indonesia, John still make a good job!! He is so cool! :D