Specs on micro-cl cab drivers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ubernator, Apr 23, 2015.

1. ubernator

ubernator

Oct 30, 2004
    lost angels
    If I had a dime for every time someone quoted a sure thing that turned out to be incorrect On ANY Internet forum, I would icbw my own factory in china making telescopes, pro audio, amps, instruments, cameras, electronics, kung pao etc....

It is a common thing on forums, don't feel so bad.

And Swedish goggles, I'd make a ton of those

JimmyM likes this.
  2. john m

john m Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2006
    Run the speakers with the amp of your choice without another cab 1st. Listen to(and watch) the speakers as you push them to their limit.
    Make note of how much volume, and bass you have dialed in on the amp, and don't go past that when you add another cabinet.

If it sounds bad, it's bad, no matter what the specs say.

AstroSonic likes this.
  3. "nomal folks plugged into the fiat petrodollar slavelabor matrix just don't understand" ??????

lol I didn't know Alex Jones was a bass player let alone actually a member of talkbass.

4. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    That stuff must be going around.

Many, many nights were spent Christmas through Feb. with me, the SO, and our dog sleeping in the car.

Got stable place mid-Feb. Still climbing out of the hole. It'll take a while.

Good luck, OP. Things will turn around. Keep your chin up.

AstroSonic and B-string like this.
  5. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Care to explain just what a federal reserve note is then?

/derail

ubernator likes this.
  6. ubernator

ubernator

Oct 30, 2004
    lost angels
    I can do a good alex jones impression, it's like an angry version of the Madden impression.

Jones is a part of the system as well.

I have seen stuff with my own eyes, and have been on the inside and experienced some of the torture and mind f\/€ks first hand. It is a little different in reality than what all the preppers and jones/Ventura followers thing. They only focus on the common conspiracy theory stuff. What is really going on is likely different.

But I have NEVER heard them talk about some of the stuff I experienced first hand. I am still trying to figure it out myself.

The only way I am trying to dig out is slowly fixing my outside appearance so maybe I can get into a band going somewhere, here in la it is all about how you look. So the gov pays me enough to pay the basics (slip fees much cheaper than rent), and I get a free gym membership too. Today I swam about 1.7miles, and walked a bunch down at the beach in long beach. Prefer the swimming, does not cause as much ankle and back pain, once that is strengthened enough I might hit the weights and machines. Just glad to have pool access again, wish I knew sooner, I'd probably be on tour with a band of 25-35 ages right now. Maybe next year.

7. ubernator

ubernator

Oct 30, 2004
    lost angels
    Eminence iS denying paternity , do we have to get Maury Povich involved?

I wish I could post pics... Magnet style and printing on the back reminds me of something from radio
    Shack, except their stuff would have the power and impedance printed on it, however a speaker for sale individually is different than an oem...

The world may never know... At least I did the dirty work to know they are 16 ohms, so 32 ohm is a possibility.

John M. Suggestion would be good under normal circumstances, but doesent really apply to putting this little bugger on top of a Goliath III + Goliath jr II stack. I wouldn't want this little ampeg to be a weak link in a chain, and 32 ohms would make it more like an extra link hanging off from the side.

For instance, with my b600h @4.57ohms approx 420w, 240w would go to Goliath at 8ohm, 120w would go to jr at 16ohm, and 60w would go to ampeg at 32ohm, notice how the goliaths would have an even 60w going to each driver, pretty balanced if you ask me, and just a walk in the park for those. 30w per driver to the ampeg. I know it might get "drowned out", but I would rather not chance blowing it by running it at 8ohm. The goal was just to have a little more coverage at ear level. I will probably never do it, it is just nice to know the option is there.

8. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Eminence USA may have denied paternity, but did Eminence China? ;)

Very unusual for a current Ampeg product not to have Eminences, but they have always been easily identifiable as Eminence or Eminence China because the stickers on the back of the magnet always say Eminence these days, and there's always a date code that starts with a 67, which is Eminence's identifying UIA code. So I believe Eminence when they say they had nothing to do with it. But I'm at a loss here and have no idea who makes them.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  9. john m

john m Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2006
    I agree. But if I had those cabs,I'd invest in a used head to drive them.

10. ubernator

ubernator

Oct 30, 2004
    lost angels
    I have heads, not an issue. I had to sacrifice my Eden cabs a few years ago so a giant wall of 12 10's is no longer an option, besides I never used more than 6 at a time anyway.

Cheap looking but decent sounding speakers in that ampeg. I should add that the cones are ribbed for her pleasure, if that helps identify them

11. Frizlefry

Frizlefry

Mar 20, 2023
    Just bought an Ampeg CL tonight , man this forum is so damn full of knowledge it’s amazing

I plan on using this thing in my house 99 percent of the time and the other 1 percent with some buddies of mine with an average drum set and a guitar playing through at 75 watt amp the guitarist

can’t wait to test this bad boy out