Workingmans 4004 any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PUNK&DONUTS, Jan 10, 2001.

1. PUNK&DONUTS

PUNK&DONUTS Guest

Jan 8, 2001
    Australia, Sydney
    Anyone use it I was thinking of buying one I like the sound. whats it like for gigging in halls eg school halls etc and whats a good middle range cab to match it?

2. my master plan is to get the wm4004 with the workingmans 2x10 and the 1x15. that way it's versatile, and easier to transport than a 4x10. that kind of setup should be plenty for any small-medium gig.

3. pkr2

pkr2 Guest

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    I've been using the 4004 since April and am very well saaisfied with it. I've used it in a couple or three bar gigs and it was all I needed. I like the E.Q. because you don't really need it. Just set everything flat and it sounds great in all the kinds of music that I play, which is everything from rock to bluegrass. Just a touch of bass control on my passive P-type and it sounds good.

I reccomend it highly.

Pkr2

4. Muttluk

Muttluk Guest

Jan 19, 2000
    Oakland, California
    i dont remember what the prices of the WM series, but i know its not that large of a difference from the professional series, which i know is a HUGE step better than the WM series, keep that in mind. Save a little longer, and you get much better quality.

5. virtual.ray

virtual.ray Guest

Oct 25, 2000
    In your shoes I'd look for a used Sm 400 or 500 in good condition,'cause you're getting a tube preamp and all around better construction.I found one (SM400S) for $479 in near new condition.

6. pedro

pedro

Apr 5, 2000
    Madison, WI.
    >>In your shoes I'd look for a used Sm 400 or 500 in good condition,'cause you're getting a tube preamp and all around better construction.I found one (SM400S) for $479 in near new condition.

Ditto. Also, I picked up a 350 in good condition with case for $300.

7. DownCaster

DownCaster Guest

Aug 22, 2000
    own a 4004 and love it. Strong amp that has really good tone i think personally. I would get it if you like it...