World Tour double bass gigbag

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Clark Dark, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

Mar 3, 2005
    earth
    On June 16th I ordered a World Tour Deluxe Pro Double Bass Guitar Gig Bag from AMS. It is back ordered so I thought I'd look around and see if any other store had them. I found them at Electric Guitar, American Musical Supply and Amazon and backordered at all three sites. Has anyone here ever dealt with WT before? I feel a bait and switch coming on. There is no contact link for WT or telephone number either.

http://www.worldtourproducts.com/Item--i-WOR-BDX22

2. I waited a long time for one of their guitar bags, and they did come through, after a long wait. Price was great, and the bag was pretty - OK. Not a bad bag, pretty darned good for the money, but in the grand scheme of things, great price on a usable bag. You can get a better bag, but not at this price.

3. For 50 bucks that ain't bad but you may need to add some beefier straps and change the connection points. I have been using a Peavey 2 bass bag for 8 years that works fine but I had to toss the POS shoulder straps and wound up using a padded golf bag set of shoulder straps with a chest strap that i sewed on myself.

4. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

Mar 3, 2005
    earth
    Carl you said it was a long wait...what kind of time are we talking about ? AMS said WT told them that they would have the gigbags in May yet they haven't received them yet...and they're a WT vendor :rollno:

5. If I recall correctly, it was like 7-9 months, it was crazy long.

6. JPrinos

JPrinos

May 16, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Just pulled the trigger on this dual gig bag today from AMS

As soon as I have it in my possession, expect a quick review.

7. Phillip B

Phillip B Chilling in the Sunshine State!

Aug 3, 2014
    Tampa Florida
    Resurrecting this thread to add a comment about who World Tour is:

Via the internet, I tracked down a 2011 shipping document for a container of Musical Instrument Bags shipped from China to World Tour Products, and although all the documents referenced no one but World Tour... the physical address shown on that document of "450 MAESTRO DRIVE RENO,NY 89511 RENO NV 89511 US" shows up in an internet search as a location of American Musical Supply.
    World Tour Import.JPG

So - World Tour appears to be a captive brand of American Musical Supply (aka AMS).

Explains why I couldn't find World Tour at Musician's Friend - it's a brand imported by a competitor!