SOLD Yamaha TRB5-II MIJ TRB 5 string made in japan

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by robthebassplaye, Aug 20, 2015.

1. robthebassplaye

robthebassplaye The World Needs More Bass Players - Start Early !! Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2010
    chicago
    Price:
    Strings:
    Price Lowered - need to sell, on evilbay this month if necessary...

I'm selling this monster bass, my Made in Japan Yamaha TRB5-II. Plays and sounds fantastic! I need to get rid of a few basses at this stage of my life, and only keep a couple... I have an amber one of these, so I need to sell the blue version.

DSC_1134.JPG DSC_1133.JPG DSC_1137.JPG DSC_1135.JPG DSC_1142.JPG DSC_1140.JPG DSC_1136.JPG DSC_1141.JPG DSC_1139.JPG DSC_1138.JPG

$640 Price includes CONUS shipping, insurance, and a used (but in good shape) gig bag.

This bass is all original, as far as I know, except that I replaced the original strap buttons with Dunlop strap locks.

Please check out the photos, there are some small dings thru the finish (but not into the wood) on the bottom back below the control cavity, one small ding on the bottom side, and one super small ding on the edge of the right hand side. I just want to be 100% accurate here. There is also a very small pin size ding on the headstock between the nut and the B string gear.

The grain is beautiful, the finish and color is really nice. Again, it plays and feels fantastic.

I'm putting some specs here, just in case:
    • 5 piece maple bolt on neck, with 6 bolts
    • Rosewood fingerboard, with 24 frets
    • Active 9v Yamaha 3 band EQ: volume, pan, bass cut/boost, midcut/boost, treble cut/boost
    • Custom Yamaha dual active single coils PUPs with dummy coils
    • Solid brass bridge, gold colored hardware
    • 35" scale
    • On my bathroom scale, out of 5 tries, weights 8.5 lbs 3 times, and 9.0 lbs 2 times.... so I'm not exactly sure?
    PM me with any questions.

DSC_1134.JPG

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
    Dec1975 likes this.
  2. robthebassplaye

robthebassplaye The World Needs More Bass Players - Start Early !! Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2010
    chicago
    Got some interest already - PM replied to.

3. 4StringTheorist

4StringTheorist Supporting Member

Bump for a wonderful looking bass from an outstanding seller.

Personally, between Amber and Blue, I'd have kept the blue, but I'm a sucker for blue basses like this one. :D

4. robthebassplaye

Aug 21, 2010
    chicago
    Offers pending and PMs replied to !

5. robthebassplaye

Aug 21, 2010
    chicago
    PM Asked to evaluate the Truss Rod performance - it works just fine !!!

6. robthebassplaye

Aug 21, 2010
    chicago
    Early Sun morning Still Available shout out.

7. robthebassplaye

Aug 21, 2010
    chicago
    This bass is still available !

8. kenny ames

kenny ames

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN.
    Underrated basses.

9. robthebassplaye

Aug 21, 2010
    chicago
    Thanks, Kenny - it really is a quality instrument. I love it for funk, but it's pretty versatile!

10. Dec1975

Dec1975

Aug 30, 2006
    Cedar Park, TX
    Fantastic basses! If I didn't already have one in amber, I'd hop on this one. Great neck, especially if you've got big mitts.

11. robthebassplaye

Aug 21, 2010
    chicago
    Price Lowered!

Lot's of trade offers, but I can't do a trade, only for sale... Thx!

12. ibong

ibong

Jan 4, 2007
    Singapore
    PMed you. Please check. Thanks

13. ibong

ibong

Jan 4, 2007
    Singapore
    Replied. I have a US Shipping Address. Thanks.

14. robthebassplaye

Aug 21, 2010
    chicago
    And, it is SOLD ! Thanks!