SOLD 07/08 Fender Geddy Lee Jazz MIJ

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by cchorney, Nov 28, 2015.

1. cchorney

cchorney Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Meriden, CT
    Price:
    Strings:
    Selling my 07/08 Fender Geddy Lee Jazz MIJ for $800 $750. The build quality is excellent and between the fast neck and the growly tone from the pickups, I will regret selling this, but I need the cash.

Dropping the price to match what I just listed it on eBay for.

Currently strung with D'Addario XL's (EXL165: 45-65-85-105). Last year I had the frets polished and the pickup cavities shielded and grounded, which helped greatly with the "Jazz hum" you get when you don't have the two pups at the same output level. The bass comes with Schaller chrome strap locks and if you want it, the leather strap to which the locks are current attached. The bass also comes with the Fender ABS molded case, as shown in the pictures.

The weight is 9.7 pounds.

The bass is in near perfect condition - the only imperfections I can find on very close inspection is a small dimple near the bridge which I assume was there pre-paint since the paint isn't cracked, and some mild hazing where I typically rest my finger on the E and A strings and over the neck pickup. I would really, really, like to sell this locally, and will meet the buyer near any of the Connecticut state lines to MA, NY or RI. If I have to ship, it's extra.

Link to Pictures

One of the pics in the link, so the index will show a pic.
    AggftPdOh43a0qKWJGHo5oXFA8VY-JHbbBY-a7cNyuV3ChD2AZQbzPbdCWStp6x867b0aXMJEmIf5v2agrQ=w666-h887-no.jpg

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  2. cchorney

Oct 21, 2010
    Meriden, CT
    Bump.

3. cchorney

Oct 21, 2010
    Meriden, CT
    SALE PENDING.

4. cchorney

Oct 21, 2010
    Meriden, CT
    Sale not pending any more, deal fell thru. :-(

On the plus side, I am now more comfortable with the ins and outs of shipping and Paypal, so I'm giving get it a few more days here and then on to ebay it goes.

Someone save me from that terrible fate (selling it on ebay)!

5. cchorney

Oct 21, 2010
    Meriden, CT
    Note: if it's local I'll consider a trade for NS Design NXT 4 string EUB.

6. cchorney

Oct 21, 2010
    Meriden, CT
    Sold on the Bay for $750.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021